Reporting to the Head of Sustainability, this newly created position will lead a team (initially) of 6 direct reports and provide strategic leadership for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) programs and policies. This role requires experience in integrating sustainability and human rights considerations across a variety of disciplines with extensive partnership with internal leaders, lines of business, operational functions and external organizations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and lead highly innovative sustainability strategies that engage key internal stakeholders to embed a focus on sustainability throughout our operations, risk management, and supplier engagement.
- Advance our efforts to embed greater awareness and management of human rights across the enterprise
- Drive increased integration of environmental and social impact management within lines of business and risk functions and policies
- Lead a team of strong subject matter experts to expand the scope of engagement on enterprise efforts and ability to influence internal leaders and achieve greater integration of ESG management across the enterprise
- Identify root causes of ESG integration gaps and develop innovative solutions to close those gaps
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive effective ESG policies and practices
- Engage with non-government organizations and other representatives focused on sustainability and human rights
- Serve as a trusted liaison to line of business leaders and operational groups, learning from their market experiences and keeping them engaged and informed of stakeholder expectations and best practices for ESG integrations
- Represent Wells Fargo and serve as a thought leader on sustainability and human rights
- Seek opportunities to advance storytelling and best position executives and company
Please visit the Wells Fargo careers website and search for job number 5556766.