The Director—Global Sustainability, Long-Term Contractor, is a temporary position for approximately 9 months. In collaboration with the Chief Sustainability Officer and other Director, the Director—Global Sustainability will oversee and drive the refinement and execution of Tiffany & Co’s sustainability strategy & 2025 Sustainability Goals, advance performance measurement and oversee Tiffany’s sustainability reporting. In addition, the Director will handle a number of requests coming from internal teams on various sustainability considerations across retail and manufacturing. The Director will collaborate closely with the members of the Sustainability & Philanthropy Team as well as internal partners across the organization.
*NOTE: This position is in-person based in New York, NY. *
Sustainability Strategy and Programs
- Oversee and drive the day-to-day refinement and execution of Tiffany & Co.’s sustainability strategy and 2025 Sustainability Goal in alignment with corporate priorities and strategies, working in close collaboration with the CSO and other Director, and working closely with the Manager – Global Sustainability
- Partner with teams on execution, develop strategies and lead cross-functional initiatives; work in close collaboration with key internal business leads and drive the integration of Sustainability in the various business units.
- Design compelling analyses and build business cases to inform strategic tradeoffs and decisions.
- Handle the financial modeling of potential strategic decisions for Tiffany’s sustainability efforts.
- Monitor, influence and synthesize new trends, regulations and stakeholder requirements in sustainability.
- Develop strategic reports to highlight macro and consumer trends, key competitors and new entrants, compelling business models, disruptive/emerging technologies—and successfully translate these into actionable insights and implications for Tiffany.
- Prepare compelling briefs and presentations for various audiences, including senior leaders, on a variety of issue areas as needed.
Performance Measurement & Reporting
- Lead Tiffany’s performance measurement efforts and metrics program in close collaboration with the Manager – Global Sustainability and other members of the Sustainability Team, advance existing metrics and KPIs as needed, oversee sustainability data collection.
- Lead Tiffany’s expert-facing sustainability reporting in close collaboration with the Manager – Global Sustainability, advance current reporting approach in line with best practices and leading sustainability reporting standards, oversee annual sustainability reporting process.
- Provide expert insights on sustainability reporting frameworks, latest trends and best practices, and identify opportunities for Tiffany to further advance its approach.
- Lead the day-to-day of Tiffany’s environment strategy and oversee cross-functional execution in a variety of environmental issue areas, in close collaboration with the Manager – Environment and other members of the Sustainability Team as well as other teams in the organization.
- Oversee cross-functional implementation of Tiffany’s 2025 Planet Goals, including Net Zero and climate change, sustainable buildings, biodiversity, sustainable packaging and circular economy, partnering closely with other teams.
Required Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Advanced degree in business and/or sustainability.
- 8-10 years of relevant professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm, NGO working with business, or a CSR/Sustainability, corporate affairs, or similar role in the private sector.
- Excellent understanding of generalist sustainability concepts, including social and environmental standards (e.g., U.N. Guiding Principles on Business and * Human Rights, Carbon Disclosure Project, Global Reporting Initiative, UN Global Compact, etc.)
- Additional subject matter expertise across Tiffany & Co.’s focus areas a plus, including sustainability management, reporting and transparency, responsible mining, inclusion and diversity, and/or supply chain.
- Strong knowledge of social and environmental trends, especially those relevant to the beauty and luxury industries.
- Strong track record in successfully overseeing sustainability programs and managing processes and projects through collaborative business relationships.
- Experience working with high-profile consumer brands, including the luxury sector.