The Director of Environmental Impact will lead and influence Fossil Group’s global commitments that will enable Fossil to make it’s biggest impact on the planet. He/she will partner with Fossil Group businesses to set environmental and planet targets and implement strategies focused on sustainability commitments.
He/She will manage strategic partnerships with sustainability consultants and organizations to identify and prioritize sustainability initiatives aligned with Fossil Group’s ‘Make Time for Good’ commitments.
- Lead Product Life Cycle Assessment
- Prepare / lead Fossil Group’s response to sustainability audits and/or assessments (i.e. CDP, GRI and ISS)
- Recommend measurement/tracking model and reporting requirements
- Manage environmental corporate footprint data collection
- Identify/validate hot spots (e.g. packaging, leather, plating, batteries) that will make the biggest impact on the planet.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to assess Fossil’s ongoing progress
- Lead measurement/evaluation process to assess impact of efforts focused on the planet.
- Partner with leadership to prepare communications (i.e. presentations) for Board meetings, quarterly Town Halls and external events.
- Partner with Communications to identify and coordinate internal and external communications opportunities.
- 10% travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree is preferred
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in developing, accelerating, measuring, and influencing environmental impact programs for medium/large companies
- Leadership qualities and experience interacting and influencing senior executives
- Proven successes with collaborating and influencing across all sectors, with diverse constituencies and communities, to deliver results
- Experience working in a lean, collaborative, results-oriented environment
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking
- Exemplary interpersonal and team-building skills
Fossil is an American watch and lifestyle brand inspired by all things curious. Since 1984, we’ve been a creative collaborative focused on authentic design, craftsmanship, and storytelling. Fossil has grown to offer watches, bags, jewelry, eyewear, and most recently wearables. With more than 400 retail stores, 4,000 wholesale locations and 13,000 employees worldwide, passion drives our curiosity and inspires us to always ask, “what’s next?”
Get To Know Us
Fossil Group is a global retailer specializing in the design, innovation and marketing of fashion lifestyle and accessory products. At the heart of Fossil Group’s vision is a commitment to fostering creativity and delivering the best in design through its three core businesses: the Fossil brand; the Skagen brand; and a multi-brand watch portfolio business. This portfolio includes adidas, Armani Exchange, Burberry, Diesel, DKNY, Emporio Armani, Karl Lagerfeld, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Michele, Relic, Tory Burch and Zodiac. Fossil Group is constantly developing its businesses through core competencies in innovative branding, world-class design and dynamic global distribution.
Fossil is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Anyone requiring special accommodations to our normal application process please email email@example.com and we will assist you.
Please visit the Fossil careers website.