At the heart of our business is a six million strong network of beauty advisors, our independent Avon Representatives. These micro-entrepreneurs provide millions customers worldwide with trusted, personal beauty advice and products to help them express their individuality.
It’s an inspiring community that has been the driving force behind our company for more than 130 years, as we’ve championed women and helped them succeed, in their own way and on their own terms.
Our founder was a pioneer of women’s empowerment, long before women’s rights were widely recognised, and we continue to drive this powerful mission for women today, supported by over 25,000 passionate and talented associates in more than 50 markets across the globe.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sustainability & Corporate Responsibility Director, to join either our Chiswick Head Quarters, West London or our Northampton offices.
The position of Sustainability & Corporate Responsibility Director, will focus on bringing to life the ideals of environmental responsibility and sustainability as well as corporate accountability and social responsibility. This person will continue to build trust with our Representatives, customers, suppliers, and stakeholders, by demonstrating our positive impact on the communities and ecosystems we serve. By developing meaningful measures, communication strategies and execution plans. CSR is a central component of Avon’s over-all strategy for success, globally, while fostering the principles of sound stewardship. The position will be responsible for driving execution internally, while representing Avon with relevant public/governmental and non-government entities, alongside the local teams, in addition to setting high standards for Avon’s sustainability and corporate responsibility pursuits. This role is a key to linking our attainment of strategic and financial goals with our commitments to social responsibilities.
- Responsibility for establishing and setting Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility strategy for Avon worldwide
- External stakeholder engagement; serving as the leader on CR & sustainability globally and with markets to bring the outside agendas in
- Internal stakeholder engagement; ensuring the business acts on the strategy and executes effectively to deliver the Plan
- Corporate Reporting: Deliver the relevant corporate, industry and SRI reporting processes
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Preferred bachelor’s degree
- 10 years + experience
- Significant experience and exposure to stakeholder engagement (esp. NGOs)
- Significant experience and knowledge of CSR & Sustainability (preferably in consumer goods or related industries)
- Strong intellect
- Hi EI and negotiating skills to manage tough NGO stakeholders
- Aptitude for and comfort with analytics and metrics
- Managerial courage and willingness to express contrarian opinions
- Cross functional nimbleness
- Agility and dedication to work is key
- Strong influencing and change management skills, proven effectiveness in a complex matrix environment undergoing transformation and change
- Comfortable with concepts and complexity; able to think independently and make sound, reasoned judgements and solve problems
- An entrepreneurial approach and comfort with ambiguity
- Can understand different perspectives and is able to work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, multi-cultural and international environment.
As a valued member of the Avon family, you’ll be entitled to some great benefits, including 28 days holiday, company contributed pension scheme, staff discount, a flexible benefits package.
Avon is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Interested in Applying?
Please provide a covering letter and CV and send to Jobs.UK@Avon.com. Please remember to include the position title as reference.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all applicants directly. If you haven`t heard from us within 28 days, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.