Rich’s has been able to pull off something rare in the business world: a culture that successfully blends the latest business practices with family values. That means our associates are able to work for a great company while also benefiting from a work environment that fosters world class professionalism combined with family intimacy. Our benefit offerings are reflective of this unique blend of Life, Work and Family.
Support the US/Canada Health and Authenticity Strategy by leading the development and execution of a broad-based, region-wide Social and Environmental Responsibility initiative, integrating social and sustainability strategies throughout the company. Ensure that the strategies enhance business performance and support the long-term interests of the company.
- Lead the effort to create a Social and Environmental Responsibility vision and strategy for the company encompassing people, profit and planet
- Develop the business case to assess organization’s current Social and Environmental Sustainability performance to identify and prioritize organization’s key issues and opportunities
- Accountable for setting key Social and Environmental Responsibility priorities and establishing goals policies and programs to enable execution across business functions
- Responsible for the monitoring trends in environmental science, renewable resources, sustainable work processes, and other diverse fields;
- Form and lead an internal Sustainability Steering Committee that will help develop, implement and evolve the Sustainability effort of the company
- Oversee and define the scope of the Committee, short term and long term. Appoint the Committee members, define duties and assign the Committee accountabilities
- Secure and leverage senior level commitment and support for integrating sustainable development into core processes and decision-making
- Coordinate and interact with functional and business leaders to prioritize Social and Environmental Sustainability initiatives and mobilize the organization and collaborate in the development and implementation of such policies and programs
- Develop measures to identify the environmental impact of the organization’s operations and ensure value-creating sustainability initiatives o Measure and monitor progress against metrics set for sustainability strategies, objectives and performance targets
- Partner with R&D, Operations and Global Procurement to ensure integration of environmental sustainability strategic priorities
- Embed Social and Environmental Sustainability objectives into business and innovation processes
- Serve as the internal leader and “go to” expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating functional teams on sustainability topics and strategies
- Serve as the lead contact for interfaces with customers and/or suppliers on the subject of Social and Environmental Sustainability; Lead written and verbal communications to customers on the subject of Sustainability
- Collaborate with Health & Authenticity functional team and other subject matter experts to interface with government and non-government agencies and departments, relating to the company’s responses to questions or statements of position on Social and Environmental Sustainability related matters
- Facilitate internal and external communications on relevant Social and Environmental Sustainability issues
- Build effective partnerships with external organizations to support Social and Environmental Sustainability efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in business required; BA in Environmental Sciences, Engineering Sciences or related field preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in a business leadership role with experience leading sustainability initiatives; Experience in the food industry a plus
- Technical environmental sustainability experience with a strong understanding of key environmental sustainability opportunities and challenges for the food and beverage industry
- Proven experience implementing strategy and design through matrixed organization
- Ability to work across an extended matrix of leaders in order to successfully ensure environmental sustainability is embedded across Rich’s business teams and functions
- Results oriented leader with ability to develop and implement strategic vision, as well as influence strategic direction of the organization, align business partners and senior leaders.
- Solutions driven leader with ability to drive and support a region agenda with focus on building capability in environmental sustainability
- Comfort navigating and driving change in a complex, matrix environment and proven ability to design, manage, and influence team across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills; Works closely with company leaders and teams across functions as well as customers and suppliers
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to build organization and industry credibility
- Able to differentiate between conflicting priorities and issues to identify underlying causes; Ability to navigate obstacles and continue to advance initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively
- Strong presentation skills, credible and trusted (able to present to customers and/or industry conferences)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate internal discussions as well as key customer interactions
- Critical thinking and complex problem solving skills to build solutions to address and manage complex, multi-dimensional projects
Rich Products Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rich Products Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Rich Products Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.