About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About The Role
Gap Inc.’s Environmental, Social, and Governance Team (“ESG”) team is part of the Strategic Growth Office, which is at the forefront of driving our next chapter of growth. Leading with our values is more important than ever – both in growing our billion-dollar lifestyle brands and fueling our commitment to doing the right thing for people, planet and communities. We are guided by the belief that our business can and should be a force for good. That’s why we grow purpose-led brands that shape people’s way of life. The ESG team leads our work in how we ensure we have impact across our focus areas of empowering women, enabling opportunity and enriching communities.
Our Personal Advancement & Career Enhancement (P.A.C.E.) program was initially created to support women in the global apparel industry, and we have since expanded the program to community settings and more countries to unlock new possibilities for women and adolescent girls around the world. Our goal is to reach 1 million women and girls through supply chain vendor and community partnerships by 2022. As the Director of Women’s Empowerment U.S. (P.A.C.E.), you will be at the forefront of driving impact for the work we do to empower women and enable opportunities for women and girls going forward. You will partner with the broader ESG and Strategy teams to build what’s next for this innovative and impactful program as we build and scale its proven model here in the United States. Further, you will be responsible for working with the ESG leadership team to form the roadmaps and implementation plans for public/private partnerships that drive collaboration on the global scale to move Gap Inc. forward on our ESG commitments. The Director of Women’s Empowerment U.S. (P.A.C.E.) will report to the Head of Social, Labor and Human Rights in Environmental, Social, and Governance Team.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the build of a signature ESG program with a focus on social impact and women’s empowerment for Athleta
- Represent ESG team and bring resources to bear to build partnership with public-private funding to meet brand mission
- Ensure the U.S. program aligns to P.A.C.E.’s mission globally, which enables women through critical life skills
- Work collaboratively with key P.A.C.E. owners in Supply Chain and broader community; interface with other key stakeholders including Athleta’s leadership team, Human Resources, Community Engagement, Government Affairs, and others, to stay connected on broader social, labor, and human rights issues
- Drive focus around program and build supporting governance to enable compliance, measurement, and reporting on impact including focus areas that reinforce our values focused on inclusive, self-confidence, and resilience
Who You Are
- 8+ years of Public Policy or commensurate experience working in both Public and Private organizations. Master’s in Public Policy or MBA preferred
- Experience building public program, inclusive of fundraising, forming partnerships, developing rollout plans, and supporting ongoing operations
- Demonstrated experiences with formulating program that has measurable impact and follows a systematic approach (e.g., stage gate approach to program development)
- Broad knowledge and experience around social, sustainability and governance issues; network of NGOs and industry organizations a plus
- Strong influence and partnership skills; ability to work successfully with peers, teams, and C-suite executives in a global organization
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills to support internal and external relationship building
- Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits At Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Please visit the Gap careers website.
*For eligible employees