Edison Energy is the expert independent advisor for commercial, industrial, and institutional energy users, delivering comprehensive, data driven and integrated global energy solutions. We provide a full-suite of sustainability-driven & energy management solutions including specialized delivery of renewables, supply, demand, engineering, portfolio advisory and analytics services, serving market leaders facing an increasingly complex energy environment.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX), Edison Energy combines sophisticated, cloud-based analytics and focused energy advisory services with Edison International’s scale and stability to deliver high-quality services to our clients. Our goal is to leverage our years of experience in traditional power and gas markets, renewable energy and sustainability advisory, and engineering and implementation services to design solutions that empower our clients to build economically sustainable energy portfolios.
As a member of Strategy & Sustainability team, this role is responsible for building out Edison Energy’s sustainability practice, with a focus on supporting and growing sustainability programs for large multinational companies, cities, and universities through Edison’s energy advisory practice.
The successful candidate will report to the Vice President, Strategy and will work across the sales, marketing, advisory, and technology functions of Edison Energy.
- Support Edison Energy clients with sustainability advisory services and strategy roadmap development work, including carbon reduction and renewable energy goal setting (Science Based Targets Initiative, RE100, EV100, etc.)
- Identify current and emerging customer needs, and new market opportunities for sustainability advisory services, across renewable energy procurement, supply procurement, demand advisory, transportation and building sectors and to support growth and product development of existing business lines
- Establish Edison Energy thought leadership position on sustainability; hold consultative meetings with senior executives at current and prospective clients to educate them on the business value of sustainability; serve as a subject matter expert on sustainability to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop roadmap for growth of Edison Energy’s sustainability practice, including identifying needed capabilities and resources
- Lead the development of sustainability-focused prospecting efforts, including writing strategy proposals, creating marketing content (blogs, white papers, webinars, etc.) on sustainability trends, and creating reports and presentations for clients looking for additional sustainability education
- Drive integration between Edison’s service lines, providing internal education and training on how current energy reduction and renewable energy procurement advisory practices support client sustainability initiatives
- Work with the technology and analytics teams on integration of sustainability metrics into internal and external software tools
- Identify and cultivate external partnerships for sustainability consulting and reporting
- Support internal strategy development and execution in coordination with Edison International (EIX) sustainability team
- 7+ years working within a corporate sustainability team, or in sustainability consulting
- Technical experience in energy and sustainability, including developing greenhouse gas (GHG) strategies and inventories, carbon emissions inventories, water and waste footprints, and other environmental inventories
- Proven history advising on the strategic value of energy and sustainability to C-suite audiences
- Experience developing ambitious energy / sustainability strategies in multiple geographies or countries
- Strong knowledge on greenhouse gas accounting, environmental attributes, and wholesale energy markets, including PPAs and VPPAs
- Strong knowledge of corporate sustainability and the issues facing leaders in the space
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a cross-disciplinary audience, both in writing and in presentation skills
- Outstanding attention to detail while managing multiple projects with competing timelines
- Ability to work independently and within teams.
- Entrepreneurial interest in growing a strategic initiative within an expanding company
- Proven record of success with business development or new client acquisition through consultative sales
- Travel may be expected up to 35% of time
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field (e.g. environmental science or engineering) or a similar field. Graduate degree in sustainability or related topic preferred
Note: Role and title may be adjusted based on candidate experience
NOTE: Edison Energy is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.