Orbia Advance Corporation is a Purpose-led company with big aspirations. We are out to advance life around the world while maximizing value to our shareholders, customers and employees. The Company is passionate about the topics that define how people will live and thrive tomorrow: the future of cities, buildings, agriculture, and materials. Orbia Advance Corporation has five business groups which offer innovative solutions across multiple industries including building and infrastructure, data communications, chemicals and more. In 2018, Orbia Advance Corporation bought a majority stake in Israeli-based Netafim, the world’s leader in drip irrigation, and is helping the world ‘grow more with less’ as it helps to solve food and water scarcity. Orbia Advance Corporation has operations in 41 countries with more than 22,000 employees.
We started as a producer of commodities and have evolved to become a provider of innovative solutions that address the global issues of rapid urbanization, water and food scarcity, and a growing and aging population. We’re already a global leader in Polymers, Fluor, Building & Infrastructure, Datacom, and Precision Irrigation. We have embarked on a CEO-led transformation, as part of our journey to become a truly purpose-led, future fit company.
Main purpose of job:
Reporting to Orbia’s Vice President of Sustainability, the Director of Social Responsibility will be responsible for building and executing an industry-leading Corporate Social Responsibility strategy that maximizes positive impacts on stakeholders. Policies, standard operating procedures, reporting, partnerships and internal collaboration and learning are essential functions of this role. This position will be held by a visible leader who will champion programs with Business Groups and represents Orbia externally with peer companies and stakeholders.
- Develop and drive implementation of the Social components of Orbia’s Sustainability strategy; achieving internal consensus on roadmaps to achieve the Company’s long-term sustainability goals.
- Foster a culture of cross pollination of best practices as well as crowd-sourcing solutions in all matters social responsibility.
- Development, execution and oversight of global Corporate Social Responsibility programs.
- Drive key partnerships, memberships and engagements with external partners that support execution of the Company’s Social commitments and social responsibility programs.
- Development of global strategy and oversight of community relations efforts in our operations.
- Informed of social compliance of Business Groups, maps potential risks, and advices Sustainability VP and all leadership team on compliance needs regarding social compulsory and voluntary trends globally.
- Align, inform, and inspire colleagues to help fulfill the Company’s strategic social objectives by regularly communicating progress and fostering collaboration between businesses to accelerate progress when needed.
- Proposes Orbia-wide policies related to volunteering, charitable donations, community engagement, etc., and ensures they are being correctly applied.
- Generate performance information on social materiality. Produce progress reports for VP of Sustainability and Leadership Team.
- Assessment of human rights compliance and other relevant matters in supply chain.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and EHS on identifying, preventing and preparing responses to potential social emergencies.
- Lead to aggregate and consolidate social information for inquiries from investors, ratings organizations and disclosure agencies.
- Highest standards of personal ethics and integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum Fifteen years of combined experience in Social Responsibility and/or Sustainability, with expertise in CSR as well as corporate trends in commitments, * disclosure etc. for the private sector.
- Required understanding of Statistical Analysis, Anthropology, Social Impact Metrics, International Agreements, NGO Ecosystems, Poverty issues.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in sustainability within a large organization, or proof of significant influence of practice change in private sector.
- Excellent strategic planning and project management skills and experience managing large, complex projects.
- Demonstrates alignment with Orbia’s Purpose, Core Values and leadership capabilities.
- Able to represent the Company effectively in industry and multi-stakeholder coalitions, working groups and membership organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment, across several geographies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with diverse individuals.
- Comfortable working with senior management and partners at all levels within the Company.
- Agent and manager of change; a strategic executive who seeks to break down barriers and identify new and more effective ways to accomplish goals.
- Ability to manage teams by influence, and to operate effectively in a matrixed and cross-functional environment.
- Native or Advanced Professional Proficiency in English a must.
- Elementary Proficiency in Spanish.
- Additional languages a bonus.
- Willingness to travel at least 40% of the time.
Location and Travel
- The position is to be based preferably in Mexico City, Boston, Amsterdam or Tel Aviv are the other options for location.
- This position requires at least 40% travel, with high flexibility of last-minute travel.
Main Key Required competencies:
- Taking decisions
- Leading Change
- Passion for results
- Adopting Change
Application deadline: 18th November 2019
Benefits: Orbia Advance Corporation offers a competitive monthly salary and a strong benefits package, that impulse our employee´s to prosper, safeguard their future and to have a work-life balance. This package includes generous vacation, flexible working patterns, pension plan, short Friday, 13th month pay (Aguinaldo), and many others above the law.
At Orbia, our actions are driven by our values. One of them is to embrace diversity. Thus, we are an inclusive employer, our recruitment processes are fair and transparent. We believe that every voice matters. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, gender or other category, while respecting the Personal Data Protection Law.