The Director Responsible Sourcing will:
- Lead the establishment, implementation, and continuous evolution of the company’s responsible sourcing vison and strategy.
- Build capabilities with our supply base, monitor performance, and measure impact and improvement, in partnership with the sourcing teams as well as the Global Sustainability Department.
- Oversee, adapt, and evolve the company’s current Supplier Code of Conduct and Social Accountability Program.
- Be a recognized thought leader and primary point of contact on responsible sourcing both within and outside the company with peers and suppliers.
Strategy, Standards, and Policy:
- In partnership with the CSR team, establish the company’s responsible sourcing vision and strategy in line with Tiffany’s overall business strategies. Contribute to the Global Sustainability team’s initiatives that drive responsible practices into the supply chain, including but not limited to mining standards and product transparency, scope 3 emissions, life cycle impacts, Tiffany’s global human rights efforts, and other social and environmental issues.
- Work closely with category sourcing leads and other business leaders to embed responsible sourcing vision and ensure appropriate buying decisions are made with consideration of the Supplier Code of Conduct and other responsible sourcing standards.
- Serve as a strategic partner to the Global Sustainability team as it leads the development of internal and third party standards and policy, ultimately driving these into the supply chain.
- Support the Global Sustainability team as it engages with the NGO sector on key issues relating to responsible sourcing.
- Help to build capacity and capabilities within our supply chain so that our suppliers can implement and maintain high standards.
- Build capacity and knowledge across Tiffany’s sourcing functions around responsible sourcing, Tiffany’s vision for responsible sourcing and best practices.
- Lead supplier engagement to educate supply chain partners about Tiffany’s responsible sourcing priorities and develop and expand best responsible sourcing practices.
- Develop supplier communications and trainings
- Represent the Tiffany responsible sourcing team during supplier meetings and audits.
- Coach and mentor suppliers and assist in exploring future opportunities to enhance social and other responsible sourcing programs at our suppliers, leveraging and sharing Tiffany’s internal manufacturing experience and responsible mining knowledge where possible.
- Building off of historical program participation and audit data, develop and maintain key metrics for success for the Responsible Sourcing program incorporating relevant environmental and social data.
- Support category sourcing leads to measure the performance of their suppliers.
- Develop and implement tools to manage risk around responsible sourcing for the supply base.
- Monitor industry standards for best-in-class responsible sourcing strategies, identify emerging product categories or materials facing issues, and keep up to date on industry and regulatory issues.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure acceptable standards and continuous improvement are being achieved.
- Manage relationship with third party auditing resource.
Support category sourcing leads’ and buyers’ review of supplier audits and monitor corrective action plan implementation.
Perform regular site visits to key suppliers globally.
- Understand and demonstrate the positive impacts we are having and the negative impacts we are mitigating.
- Providing input to the CSR team on annual sustainability reports.
- Coordinate as required with the applicable regulatory environment and Tiffany’s Internal Audit and Legal department
- Minimum of 10 years of related professional experience, 5 years of responsible sourcing experience.
- Current knowledge of leading responsible sourcing practices and issues, as well as experience implementing innovative solutions.Sound finance and business acumen, strong communication skills (internal; external with peers and suppliers), partnership orientation (ability to work in a team environment and achieve results through collaboration and influence.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess the desire and curiosity to understand emerging trends
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Global perspective and international experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with manufacturers, mining companies, and other suppliers, performing site visits, and holistically addressing root causes of supply chain issues.
- Master’s degree.