Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As the Sustainable Manufacturing and Sourcing (SM&S) Director of Labor Performance you will be responsible for supporting the development and deployment of labor policies and programs to measure and maintain performance of suppliers in Nike’s product supply chain. You will work collaboratively with brands and retailers, multi-stakeholder organizations, NGOs and others within Nike to develop and scale industry solutions to accelerate improvement in working conditions for global footwear and apparel supply chains. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating positive change, experience working and influencing in complex environments, and an ability to find creative solutions to addressing persistent issues. This role reports to the Director of Labor Capability and Performance.
- Collaborate with other brands and retailers, multi-stakeholder organizations and others on developing and scaling industry tools to measure labor performance
- Serve as subject matter expert on Nike’s labor standards for internal partners including Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing regional and operations teams
- Ongoing refinement and evolution of labor aspects of Nike’s audit tools
- Develop program to deepen engagement and compliance measurement in materials supply chain
- Subject matter expert for external sustainability reporting and responses to stakeholder inquiries
- Risk mapping and development of targeted programs to address salient and material labor risks
- Represent Nike externally in working groups and industry events
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Advanced degree or equivalent work experience in business, supply chain management, public policy, or sustainability preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years experience working on social & labor issues in global supply chains
- Experience working collaboratively on social & labor issues with brands/retailers, NGOs, service providers and multi-stakeholder organizations
- Communications experience preferred, especially developing content for external corporate responsibility reporting and responding to external inquiries (customers, investors, media, surveys, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinking and proven leadership skills
- Ability to define and lead cross-functional complex global programs and teams
- High profile communication experience collaborating with multiple levels in an organization
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% of your time
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please visit the NIKE careers website.