The Director of Ethical Sourcing - Asia is responsible for Hasbro’s Ethical Sourcing Program in the Asia region with emphasis on proactively managing ethical sourcing and human rights risks related to global manufacturing and licensing supply chains. The Director will serve as a critical team member in Hasbro’s continuing journey to build a world-class Ethical Sourcing program and rankings as number 1 on the 2017 100 Best Corporate Citizens List and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 6th Consecutive year.
Focusing on vendor, retailer, licensee, social compliance program relationships in China, Southeast Asia and India, he/she will report to the Director of Global Ethical Sourcing to prioritize and manage partner engagements, evaluate and assess supply chain risk, work together with supply chain managers to identify opportunities that drive continuous improvement, oversee remediation plans when necessary, and report on overall supply chain risk and program performance.
- Responsible for proactively leading and managing the day-to-day Hasbro social compliance and ethical sourcing program, both with internal and external stakeholders.
- At the direction of the Global Director, develop and implement the company’s ethical sourcing and human rights strategy, to support Hasbro’s Ethical Sourcing and our staff, minimize supply chain risk in Hasbro’s global manufacturing and licensing supply chain.
- Work effectively within matrix organization and Hasbro Far East (HFE) team to build excellent internal work relations and partner on vendor selection, onboarding and effective remediation.
- Manage continuous program improvement including periodic reviews of and updating existing policies and procedures, and developing and implementing new policies and/or procedures as necessary. Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators relating to both overall ethical sourcing supply chain and program performance.
- Actively monitor and regularly report to Corporate on Asia trends in human rights and ethical sourcing by keeping up with current developments and industry news including attending conferences and seminars. Network with professionals seeking, as well as sharing, best industry practices.
- Institute appropriate systems and processes to monitor factory performance. Review audit reports, track performance and factory remediation efforts.
- Prepare and provide regular reports to Corporate and HFE leadership on the program and any areas of risk or concern.
- International travel required (Mainland China, Southeast Asia, India).
- Reporting Relationships: 3 direct reports and overseeing a team of 6 in the Far East.
- Internal: Global Director Ethical Sourcing, SVP Global Government Affairs & CSR General Counsel, Asia Ethical Sourcing team, Managing Director HFE and SVP Global Sourcing.
- External: External stakeholders, licensors, retailers, NGOs, EICC and other social compliance programs.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Policy or related discipline or experience in a relevant field (i.e., law, policy, human rights). Advanced degrees are preferred.
- 10 - 15 years of relevant experience in ethical sourcing, corporate compliance or governance; auditing experience preferred.
- Strong people manager; leadership and ability to positively influence internal (including all levels of HFE) and external stakeholders, (vendors).
- Ability to educate the internal organization on the importance of social compliance to the business and create ambassadors within the company.
- Share Hasbro values of community, passion, integrity and creativity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence internally and externally.
- Self-starter and passionate advocate of worker’s rights and benefits of ethical sourcing to business.
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Proven experience and knowledge in the human rights field, and an understanding of the international context in which the Hasbro operates; extensive knowledge of labor rights principles including labor standards and labor rights obligations, excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and build collaboration at all levels of the company; professional demeanor with the ability to work to tight deadlines and crisis management, an aptitude for learning and staying at the forefront of the Ethical and Social Compliance arena.
Please visit the Hasbro careers website.