Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Director, Sustainability- ESG Reporting leads enterprise sustainability/ESG (environmental, social, governance) reporting and executes communications for a wide range of internal and external audiences. As a member of the Enterprise Sustainability team, this role is critical to effective communication of Be Well. Do Well., the company’s plan to positively impact people and the planet.
This position works collaboratively across the organization domestically and internationally. The role is responsible for contributing to the development and execution of cohesive, global sustainability/ESG reporting, recognition and communications strategy by engaging cross-functional teams, partnering with Aramark’s Communications, and leveraging external vendors. The strategy must effectively communicate Aramark’s mission, values and strategies to internal and external audiences and earn the company’s place on targeted third-party indices and reporting frameworks.
This position requires an experienced and detail-oriented sustainability leader who can function independently with diverse stakeholders and manage through influence across levels and functions. This position also requires an individual who operates with a sense of urgency and a consistent awareness of deadlines and results.
Reporting and Recognition
- Manage development of annual sustainability report in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting and Standards Board (SASB) and Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). Establish timeline and process for developing the report in timely fashion and enhancing the report each year to drive toward industry-leading sustainability report by year three.
- Manage, track and update key performance indicators (KPIs) relevant to internal targets and public goals and ensure timely and accurate data capture. Collaborate with functions and subject matter experts (SMEs) including communications, investor relations, diversity, environmental, community relations, supply chain and others.
- Build and maintain a repository of stories, proof-points and other information throughout the year, ensure accuracy and verification of content, for inclusion in internal and external channels such as annual sustainability report.
- Engage and lead management of in-house and third-party contractors to drive effective execution of sustainability report including greenhouse gas data collection, reporting writing, editing and design.
- Coordinate with SMEs and complete submission of responses to reporting frameworks including but not limited to Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project - Climate, Supply Chain and Forestry) and EcoVadis.
- Identify, prioritize and manage additional questionnaires and surveys requested by NGOs (non-governmental organizations), current and prospective clients, suppliers, investors and other key stakeholders.
- Organize and maintain a content library, including design files for internal and external communications.
- Coordinate with SMEs responsible for providing data from existing software systems, and ensure continuous improvement of enhanced, streamlined tools for data collection.
- Work with internal company auditors to periodically audit the accuracy of information and the processes by which information is collected, maintained, and verified within Aramark. Continuously review and improve metrics management in accordance with evolving standards and leading practices.
- Maintain industry benchmarking and trends. Identify innovative approaches to sustainability/ESG reporting, including collection and publication of metrics, proof-points, narrative content and integrated reporting, and approaches to enhance authenticity and creativity.
- Serve as subject matter expert on third party reporting guidance including the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting and Standards Board (SASB), Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project - Climate, Supply Chain and Forestry), Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), ESG research providers including MSCI, ISS, Sustainalytics and Vigeo, as well as global frameworks standards such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs) and International Labor Organization guidelines.
- Serve as a main point of contact for sustainability metrics and reporting, working in collaboration with corporate communications, investor relations, lines of business (LOB), diversity, environmental sustainability, community relations, supply chain and others.
- Provide input on Aramark’s internal and external sustainability communications strategy and provide SME on content development and deployment.
- In collaboration with corporate communications, global sales, investor relations, marketing and other teams, develop, review and edit collateral materials including brochures, presentations, case studies and other content for communication of sustainability report to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate communications efforts across multiple channels including LOB, client, marketing, social media and growth on integrating sustainability reporting across channels including corporate website and digital platforms - internally and externally.
- Create compelling, evidence-based, written and visual summaries of sustainability performance for both internal and external audiences, including dashboards, scorecards, infographics, PPTs and reports
- Align all communications with overarching enterprise purpose and ensure persuasive messaging that demonstrates the company’s purpose, values and progress.
- Candidates must progressive experience working in a corporate, agency or non-profit.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, in sustainability or related topic.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and delivering qualitative and quantitative sustainability and ESG (environmental, social, governance) reporting. Domestic and international experience preferred.
- In depth technical knowledge and experience in sustainability reporting and with relevant ESG standards; familiarity with Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting and Standards (SASB), Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) and/or CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project), United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDGs).
- Experience managing consistent and accurate data collection, leveraging IT solutions as applicable.
- Proven ability to read, analyze, interpret and translate large sets of data into simple insights or reports.
- Excellent project management and strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Analytic thinker and ability to problem-solve including evaluation and identification of solutions.
- Proven ability to inspire, collaborate and manage internal relationships and cultivate partnerships across functions and regions.
- Demonstrated experience influencing without formal authority to accomplish company-wide goals.
- Experienced individual contributor, able to work independently and as part of a high-performing team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary personal judgment given sensitive content.
- Able to inspire the trust, confidence and respect of subordinates, colleagues and senior leaders.
This location requires all individuals working onsite to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Aramark is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veteran.