The Corporate Responsibility department serves as catalyst and driver for new programs and initiatives that advance ascena Retail Group Inc. and its CR strategy. The CR team is accountable for driving best in class practices across its 8 brands, global supply chain and retail operations. The CR department also drives sustainable practices and awareness raising initiatives to over 65,000 ascena associates enabling their commitment and participation.
About the Position:
This associate will be a key contributor to the Corporate Responsibility strategy and its long range plan. This associate will be responsible for driving strong collaboration with key business functions across ascena’s 8 brands and multiple global campuses to identify and drive awareness and engagement with CR programs. This role will work in close collaboration with various groups across the enterprise, including brand Marketing, Merchandising and Design teams, Communications, Investor Relations, Operations, Human Resources and Supply Chain/Sourcing. This associate will be accountable for delivering sustainability reporting and communications externally and internally.
- Act as key contributor to CR strategy to drive ascena’s performance towards long term sustainability goals.
- Act as a change agent internally to drive awareness of leading responsible business and sustainability practices into key business units across the enterprise
- Oversee definition of long term program goals and measure and track performance.
- Develop a process for collecting and disseminating CR-related information which can be used for internal and external communication purposes, including leadership and Board of Directors communications.
- Represent our team through participation in various industry groups and be an active participant in relevant industry associates industry/CR forums and other events as necessary.
- Oversee development of CR-related engagement and communication strategy.
- Liaising with the Corporate Affairs, Legal and PR teams on routine CR-related inquiries.
- Interacts with senior management on key projects
- In-depth understanding of corporate responsibility, supply chain and sustainability practices is preferred
- 10-15 years relevant program experience
- MBA preferred
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to facilitate and lead meetings with internal and external contacts
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prepare reports and recommendations based on a high volume of data
- Proven analytical skills; strong understanding of technology; problem-solver
- Able to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Strong PowerPoint development skills
- Technology Skills - MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Internet-research
Please send cover letter and resume to Joanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.