Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company in the payments industry. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The communications team is focused on driving programs and activities that will build, support and defend Mastercard’s reputation among key audiences. The broader team has been designed to closely mirror the business and support the company’s efforts in delivering world-class technology experiences.
This role will report to the Vice President of Brand Communications and will be responsible for advancing the company’s reputation among customers, regulators, policy makers, and investors, through media and influencer engagement. An important part of the role will be to connect the dots between the work of the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth and the company’s day-to-day products and solutions, to deliver on the greater promise being a force for good in the world.
- Works in collaboration with the vice president and senior vice president of communications, as well as the global leadership team to advance the company’s reputation among key internal and external stakeholders
- Provides effective direction and counsel on executive speaking and editorial opportunities aligned to the company’s mission to do well by doing good
- Handles sensitive/confidential information in a professional matter
- Partners with several internal business units to identify and refine the Mastercard story across humanitarian, policy, philanthropic and sustainability subject areas
- Partners with global and regional communications teams to tailor programs based on understanding of local business needs and priorities
- Builds and leverages relationships with key media, sustainability influencers, industry analysts to deliver a holistic traditional/earned media program in support of planned product/partner/service launches and corporate announcements
- Contributes to the corporate news bureau/newsroom with idea generation and agency collaboration
- Nurtures and develops positioning for products and services that will help advance the company’s narrative around inclusive growth
- Develops and edits blogs posts, messaging and speeches for senior business partners
- Plays a primary role in the communication response in urgent/reputational issues
- Use measurement tools to assess the impact of communications programs to refine activities
All About You
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; flawless editing to support clear ideas
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively and deliver results with global, multi-cultural and remote project teams
- A passion for delivering social impact and supporting underserved communities
- Demonstrated track record of securing media placements and building media/influencer relationships
- Experience working with NGOs, academic institutions and policy makers advantageous
- Creative thinker possessing high level of comfort with fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong ability to prioritize, multitask and manage to deadlines
- Ability to translate complex business, social impact, and policy issues material into easily understood, actionable programs
- Comfortable presenting complex issues to internal and external audiences
- Solid understanding of balancing and prioritizing needs of multiple stakeholders
- Issues and crisis management experience preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.