JTI is a leading international tobacco company with operations in more than 120 countries. We’re the global owner of world-renowned brands such as Winston, the number two cigarette brand in the world, and Camel (outside the US). Our global brands also include Mevius, LD and Natural American Spirit, and we manufacture the internationally recognized Logic e-cigarette brand and Ploom Tech, a major brand in the heated tobacco category.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, we employ over 40’000 people across the globe. We were recently awarded Global Top Employer for the fourth consecutive year with regional Top Employer Certification in Europe #1, Asia #1, North America #1, Africa #2 and Middle East #3. This is recognition of our outstanding talent strategy, energizing culture and commitment to learning and development.
We are a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. For more information visit www.jti.com.
The position exists to lead and drive the implementation of JTG Human Rights program across JTI globally as part of JTI’s Corporate Sustainability Strategy to secure responsible long term success.
The objectives of the position are to :
- ensure wide understanding of the Human Rights program (inform goal) across the business globally
- lead theHuRi Due Diligence program across JTI High Risk markets (assess goal) and ensure Actionable Improvement plans are put in place and reported on correctly (Improve goal)
- represents JTI both internally and externally on Human Rights
- embed Corporate Sustainability in the business
Ensure wide understanding of the Human Rights program (inform goal) across the business globally
- The position holder is responsible to lead programs to ensure the JTG Human Rights policy is adequately implemented and reported on in JTI, this includes online computer training programs as well as programs to address employees without computer access leveraging existing processes where possible
Lead theHuRi Due Diligence program across JTI High Risk markets (assess goal) and ensure Actionable Improvements plans are put in place and reported on correctly (Improve goal)
- The position holder is directly responsible to asses which JTI markets pose a potential High Risk under the HuRi policy and to lead together with third party expert consultants robust inmarket assessments leading to action plans to drive improvements over time
Represents JTI both internally and externally on Human Rights
- The position holder is expected to maintain a solid understanding of HumanRights issues and trends of key interest to JTI’s internal and external stakeholders including advising the Corporate Sustainability Strategy Lead
- The position holder is responsible to establish processes to engage systematically with external stakeholders and evaluate the JT Group performance including the HuRi External Advisory committee
- The position holder is responsible to maintain regular communication, information sharing and joint working with JT Group colleagues on all HuRi topics leading to improved Sustainability Ratings
Embed Corporate Sustainability in the business
- The position holder is expect to be a champion of Corporate Sustainability and seek opportunities to embed Corporate Sustainabilty within the business, in particular in the area of HuRi, directly and in close cooperation with the Corporate Sustainability communications & reporting team.
- University degree. Specialized training in Human Rights Program Management or an adequate work experience.
- Minimum 5 years working experience. Passonate about Human Rights. Cross-functional, cross-disciplinary project management/business analysis experience. Work experience in the tobacco industry is an asset.
- Native or near native written and oral English. Microsoft Office and comfortable with digital technologies
- Open to significant travels in developing markets
To Apply :
Please visit the JTI careers website.