The role of the Corporate Social Responsibility Officer is to map and monitor supplier factories to ensure they comply with Dr.Martens CSR requirements and environmental responsibilities. The CSR officer will work with the local team to engage further with the 2nd Tier supply chain and will conduct social and environmental assessments/audits at factories in China and South East Asia countries. The officer is also expected to work with supplier factories to develop realistic remediation plans and provide support to build their capacities to uphold those standards. The role will require a good command of English to write comprehensive evaluation reports in an accurate, detailed and timely manner. Most of the work is performed in a factory environment and will require extensive travel.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Mapping the supply chain beyond 1st Tier factories.
- Prioritise, plan and conduct quality social and environmental compliance assessment/audits at different type of factories and suppliers ranging from finished product to raw materials.
- Develop realistic and sustainable improvement plans with suppliers/factories
- Support factories in identifying root causes of non-compliance and drive for sustainable improvement through extended engagement.
- Work with the local sourcing team to support Capacity Building initiatives
- Perform training & capacity building to supplier/factory whenever necessary
- Track regional monitoring activities.
- Research, learn, understand and stay current on: local labor, wage and safety laws; labor contracts; factory management systems; and international human rights standards. Apply this knowledge to assess compliance levels of business practices on an ongoing basis.
- Represent the company with integrity, professionalism, and skill both internally and externally
- Actively participate in training and have the desire to learn and grow in the position.
- Retain and safeguard documents pertaining to the audit and maintain all audit findings confidentially.
- Be prepared to travel and plan trips with short notice according to company policy and requirements.
- Any other tasks as assigned by manager
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals—INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To be our Corporate Responsibility Officer you will also possess these qualities:
- At least 5 years of Social and Environmental Audits/Assessments experience (with at least 1 year Capacity Building/training experience)
- College degree required
- Able to manage conflicts and work independently in a teamwork environment
- Good decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Good written and verbal English, able to hold effective and respectful high level conversations with senior factory management and sourcing managers; good communication skills and facilitating skill
- Good knowledge of factory production processes and sourcing pressure points
- Good knowledge of management systems with expertise in some of the following areas: social compliance auditing, environmental auditing, labor relations, health and safety, wages and benefits, lean manufacturing or other relevant subject area
- Worked in delivering training and capacity building
If you are interested, please email your resume with current & expected salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.)