What you’ll be doing…
You’ll join our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team as a strategic advisor to the business units, where you will help define what digital responsibility means for Verizon, establishing a set of principles to help business units implement responsible digital practices. This is a new position that supports the CEO’s vision to strengthen Verizon’s position as a sustainable company. You will build external partnerships to help identify emerging societal trends and expectations of the business, and build stakeholder trust. You will also build internal partnerships to help influence colleagues to strengthen responsible business practices. The ultimate goal is to develop products that maximize shareholder and social value while minimizing negative economic and social impacts.
- Develop a corporate wide set of privacy/technology principles to govern the information we collect, how we communicate with customers about the information, and provide them options with respect to the use of that data.
- Develop responsible technology deployment guidelines, ensuring our technology products are transparent and earn customer trust, providing customers appropriate controls.
- Build strategic third-party relationships to understand stakeholder expectations for responsible business practices and learn about responsible business practices from leading companies both within and outside our industry.
- Periodically represent Verizon in strategic external forums to describe our responsible business strategy.
- Partner with the Governance and Sustainability teams to respond to RFPs, inquiries from socially responsible investors and relevant ratings organizations (e.g. CDP), highlighting Verizon’s focus on responsible business practices and generating growth through shared value solutions.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business units helping them develop education materials, tools and potentially products that help customers have safe, secure online experiences.
- Educate each business unit on our content policy and assist them in applying the policy to protect our brand.
- Develop content policy guidelines that are consistent with the corporate policy while enabling the business units to meet their product delivery and revenue goals.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience implementing Corporate Responsibility strategies.
- Experience implementing responsible business practices, with a focus on privacy and responsible technology use.
- Understanding of the telecommunications industry and Verizon’s strategy and products/services.
- Experience building effective partnerships with third parties.
- Big picture mindset - ability to identify/understand societal trends/challenges and relate them to Verizon’s business.
- Exceptional project management, collaboration, and verbal and written communication skills; proven track record of preparing materials and presenting analyses to senior management.
- Self-starter approach, comfort working in an evolving environment, and ability to balance multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- An innate curiosity, passion for the work and the aspiration to assist Verizon in enhancing its reputation as a socially responsible corporation.
- Ability to find alternative and creative ways to influence and persuade colleagues regardless of level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint as well as Google Suite.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Detailed knowledge of Verizon’s wireless, wireline and media businesses as well as the ability to build effective external and internal partnerships.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences ,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.