Serve as the Corporate Social and Environmental Responsibility (CSER) Regional Lead for the Americas (encompassing North and South America) and drive/support deployment and execution of Flex CSER Management System and requirements.
This position requires a mid to senior level professional that has the experience and skills to effectively lead/manage the CSER programs across the region and to deliver required results. The mission of Flex’s CSER organization is to provide the leadership, policies, standards, guidance, training, information and other support necessary for the Company to realize its vision of corporate responsibility. This position is a replacement and the individual is expected to be an integral member of the corporate team working on both regional needs as well as global strategic projects. This position will report directly to the VP, CSER (residing in San Jose, California).
Named among Fortune’s 2016 World’s Most Admired Companies, Flex offers a world of innovation, learning opportunities, and a strong reputation as environmentally responsible citizens. We are a leading sketch-to-scale® company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries, and a promise to help the world Live smarter®, Flex provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. The Corporate Social & Environmental Responsibility Regional Lead Americas will be based in Guadalajara Campus south. Enter three or four sentences here that explain why this position exists, what it is focused on, etc.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Working with the Company’s Internal Audit team and other members of the CSER organization, lead the CSER portion of “integrated” internal audits, measuring performance against our sustainability management system. Some CSER audits will be standalone, meaning CSER will visit a site without the other functions being present.
- Assist the sites (primarily CSER representatives, EHS personnel, Operations and Human Resources) to develop their CSER management systems and to help assure sites are fully conforming to all of these CSER requirements. This may include support visits as well as preparatory visits/calls related to internal, registration and/or customer audits.
- Investigate CSER concerns in the region raised through the Flex Hotline and make reports to the VP, CSER and to the Compliance team.
- Assist the Vice-President of CSER with due diligence on proposed mergers and acquisitions, focusing upon operations located in the Americas region.
- Work with newly acquired sites in the Region to integrate their operations into the Flex sustainability management system.
- Plan and help implement CSER and/or EHS workshops for colleagues in the region.
- Contribute to the identification and tracking of significant regulatory developments in the region.
- As directed, serve as a point of contact (POC) for customer or customer facing inquiries/escalations and provide effective communication on progress, issues, concerns, etc. (e.g. status of corrective actions)
- Help drive and support site level tracking and timely reporting of applicable Flex global CSER metrics and progress against corporate/site objectives.
- A directed by the Vice-President, CSER, contribute to other corporate CSER initiatives by providing analysis of data, development of policies, procedures, forms, training materials, etc.
Here is some of what you’ll need
- Minimum of 6 years proven experience and track record successfully managing/contributing to a site-specific or regional social and environmental/Sustainability program in the Americas. Similar experience in social and environmental auditing (SER) is required, including significant experience as a lead auditor. Qualifications for auditing ISO14001, OHSAS18000, SA8000, EICC and similar schemes is highly desirable.
- BS/BA degree required, with an Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Engineering, Engineering or technical discipline preferred. Advanced degree also preferred: business, sustainability, safety and industrial hygiene certifications a plus.
- Working knowledge of electronics manufacturing operations; and of Americas and country-specific social and environmental regulations impacting product design, manufacturing operations and logistics/repair centers.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety management systems and best practices is also highly desirable, e.g. Root Cause Analysis, Process * Safety, Incident/Near Miss Investigation, Risk Management, Crisis Management, Emergency Response Planning, Environmental Management, Sustainability.
- Solid experience with establishing and implementing a CSER Management System.
- Strong ability to examine CSER issues through a business lens and to articulate the business case for CSER initiatives and programs
- Ability to quickly establish personal credibility and to interface effectively with site personnel, senior management (site and corporate), customers and other stakeholders on CSER related issues and programs
- Ability to drive for results through intense collaboration while maintaining strong and cooperative personal relationships
- Strong personal ethics and commitment to contribute to the advancement of Flex CSER/Sustainability programs and the success of Flex business. 8 Bilingual (Spanish + English) required; Portuguese a plus.
- Must Have Experience #5
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law.
Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
Please visit the Flex careers website.