An exciting and challenging new opportunity has arisen for an experienced, talented and forward-thinking CR Specialist to join our global Corporate Responsibility Team
This role will lead on specialist reporting to meet IHG’s commitments in terms of environmental sustainability globally and provide support to the delivery of the full CR agenda for the Europe Region and the Denham HQ. It will contribute to the delivery of the current environmental sustainability agenda and provide insight to develop our longer term approach.
The role of the CR Specialist will be to own the decisions related to carbon and water analytics, as well as business metric reporting for the business and the annual report.
Key to success is the analysis of data to inform on the delivery of existing targets, insights into the business and development of future targets.
- Responsible for the evaluation and analysis of environmental information.
- Works with the manager and other department staff members to formulate explanations for the performance dynamics revealed in the analysis.
- Reports findings of analysis/forecasts and prepares reports/presentations/case studies for distribution as required.
- Develops insights on business trends related to environmental sustainability through market research, evaluation of business data including Requests For Proposals (RFPs) and data in our online sustainability system - IHG Green Engage.
- Confers with other departments concerned to assure viability of performance explanations and recommendations.
- Supports Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) with data collection, billing and general compliance.
- Works to improve environmental data quality within IHG Green Engage sustainability system.
- Responds to requests and enquiries from internal staff, including interpreting environmental data and targets, researching data sources and providing general performance analysis as needed.
- Leads on submission for CDP, DJSI, EcoVadis and other external reporting.
- Involvement in wider Corporate Responsibility agenda to include community impact as well as environmental sustainability.
- Contribute to informing the long term strategy of the CR agenda.
You will have degree in a statistical, environmental or relevant field of work. Similarly, you will have at least 3-5 years’ experience in a field related to environment, sustainability, carbon or energy management.
The successful candidate will have excellent data analysis and reporting skills, with the ability to identify trends. Alongside this, you will have strong statistical and analytical skills. Likewise, you will be able to complete advanced tasks in excel, including macros, pivot tables and formulas.
You will can maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions. You will be able to prepare and deliver data in a format for stakeholders, including presentations. As well as, strong relationship building and communication skills.
Why work for IHG?
At IHG, you enjoy a competitive financial and benefits package which will include healthcare support and hotel room discounts. We also have free parking on site, a free gym on site, a subsidised restaurant and Starbucks.
Our picturesque office in Denham, Buckinghamshire is easily accessible on the A40/M40. Alternatively, many of our employees commute from London – there are regular trains from London Marylebone taking approx. 30 minutes, or the Metropolitan or Piccadilly tube lines go to Uxbridge where we provide a free shuttle bus.
But most of all…we’ll give you room to be yourself!
Please visit the IHG careers website.