This is a wide-ranging position in a FTSE100 company which works with members of the CR team on regular activities and specialist topic areas. The activities listed below, while not an exhaustive list, provide an indicative overview of the role.
- Manage annual CR reporting process for public disclosure of CR information in the CR section of the Annual Report. This includes:
- Monitoring best practice in ESG reporting
- Liaising with content providers and data leads from across the business
- Production of business case studies
- Representing the CR team at project meetings
- Liaising with the internal audit team for verification of public disclosures
- Working closely with the project team, external design agency and Communications team
- Complete key indices and disclosures for investors and customers, such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, Sustainalytics, Tortoise Media, UNGC COP
- Preparation of presentations and briefing materials for key stakeholders including board meetings, CR Forum, company results presentations
- Support preparation of the annual RELX Modern Slavery Act Statement and other disclosures
- Support management of RELX CR networks; manage the Editorial Policy & Quality Working Group, working closely with colleagues from across the business
- Help plan and manage CR team events including the high profile RELX SDG Inspiration Day
- Advance the development of the podcast series and RELX CR social media
- Manage other CR projects, including opportunities with RELX businesses and external networks
- Advance RELX CR communications including content on RELX.com and global intranet
- Experience of CR reporting in a large multinational private sector organisation is essential
- Highly professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience of working with investor ESG disclosures such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and other disclosures such as Bloomberg Gender Equality Index preferred
RELX’s purpose is to benefit society through our products that help businesses and governments prevent fraud and citizens gain access to finance; which help researchers advance scientific knowledge and doctors and nurses improve the lives of patients; which assist members of the legal community to promote the rule of law and achieve justice; and through our events, which foster communities, we help customers gain access to markets and complete transactions. These are the essence of what we call our unique contributions to society.
Corporate Responsibility at RELX
To us, CR is not a programme or prescriptive set of activities, it is how we do what we do on a daily basis – working to increase the positive (and minimise any negative) impact of our business. It is the responsibility of everyone at RELX. CR gives us competitive advantage and helps us build good relations with stakeholders, providing a ‘license to operate’ in the communities in which we live and work.
It underpins our business strategy to deliver improved outcomes for our customers by combining content and data with analytics and technology across global platforms and helps us build leading positions in our markets by leveraging our skills and assets. We align the objectives we set for our unique contributions, as well as those for the significant areas that affect all companies – governance, people, customers, community, supply chain and environment – to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in order to work toward the achievement of these 17 global goals by 2030. https://www.relx.com/corporate-responsibility
Please visit the RELIX careers website.