What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD’s Public Affairs team leads a collaborative, global approach to corporate responsibility, government relations and community affairs.
As a part of our focus on Corporate Responsibility (CR), we lead and help oversee societal and environmental corporate initiatives spanning supply chain responsibility, product stewardship, employee and partner engagement, and public communications. This focus occurs within a cross-functional approach inclusive of AMD’s most senior executives. We aim to meet the highest ethical standards of corporate citizenship while advancing business objectives and using AMD’s technology, workforce and relationships to help enable a better world.
This position will support AMD’s CR programs, with an emphasis on managing AMD’s Supply Chain Responsibility Program that addresses labor / human rights and environmental performance with manufacturing partners. Other responsibilities will include:
- Supply chain risk assessment and engagement on labor / human rights and environment
- Regulatory and industry coalition compliance and coordination
- Strategic CR initiatives and communications with customers, partners, suppliers, employees and internal business units
- Manage AMD’s supplier responsibility risk assessment and engagement with suppliers, including support for supplier business reviews
- Support customer data inquires, audit requests and public reporting related to CR requirements
- Coordinate industry coalition compliance requirements, participate in work group(s), and serve as liaison
- Support AMD’s Supply Chain team (including executives and lead source managers) by providing monthly updates, tracking deliverables, and managing training materials
- Support implementation of overall CR initiatives, including but not limited to planning, communications, and employee programs
Note: This role requires attention and scrutiny of details on a regular basis, and compliance with deadlines and measureable outcomes.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Business or a related discipline
- Bring a passion for supply chain with an understanding of its role within corporate responsibility
- Have demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks while paying attention to details, setting agreed goals, and measuring outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with people across geographies, cultures, functions, and levels of seniority and experience
- Possess integrity and compliance with high ethical standards
- Experience working in supply chain, auditing, semiconductor industry and / or corporate responsibility
- Familiarity with applicable supply chain responsibility regulations and associated organizations
- Experience with a multi-national, publicly traded company
- Experience with computing technologies, semiconductors or the technology industry
- Ability to domestically travel 5% of time, and willingness to work with stakeholders located worldwide in various time zones when projects require.
Please visit the AMD careers website.