Reporting to Orbia’s Sustainability Manager, the Corporate Responsibility and Communications Specialist will support the implementation of the Corporate Social Responsibility strategy through the coordination of key actions and initiatives within Orbia. This would include identifying and enacting enablers such as policies, procedures and learning tools; collecting and analyzing relevant impact data and information; being a partner of Sustainability leadership and peers in the five Business Groups in the design and implementation of external social impact programs. In addition, the position also requires coordinating Sustainability related communications, including, but not limited to, our yearly report and other ESG disclosures.
About The Job
- Manage the development of sustainability-related content for internal and external use
- Support the coordination of the yearly Sustainability Report and other external ESG assessment processes
- Develop and implement a sustainability communications strategy and tools for internal communications channels (Global Hub, Yammer, webcasts, project/story collection tools, etc) all in close collaboration with the corporate Communications team
- Improve and manage an internal global sustainability story/project collection tool, reviewing and selecting stories for different uses (Global Hub, Yammer, external website, social media, Sustainability Report, external ESG assessments, etc).
- Carry out and/or coordinate benchmark studies on sustainability and CSR best practices as input for the development of communications, reporting, policies and programs
- Support roll out and coordination of the global CSR programs and community of practice
- Support other management activities of the corporate Sustainability team.
- Highest standards of personal ethics and integrity as well as alignment with Orbia’s Purpose and Core Values.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Ideally in CSR, Sustainability, communications, social relations or related fields.
- Minimum five years of combined experience in Social Responsibility and/or Sustainability, with expertise in CSR as well as corporate trends in commitments, disclosure, etc. for the private sector.
- Good understanding of statistical analysis, Social Impact measurement, ESG issues and reporting, NGO ecosystems, UN Sustainable Development Goals, community relations, human rights, volunteering and social investment programs.
- Excellent planning and project management skills and ability to manage large projects in complex business sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities and attention to detail
- Experience working in a multicultural environment, across several geographies. Having studied/worked in more than one of the countries where Orbia operates is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with diverse individuals.
- Comfortable working with senior management and partners (communications, finance, HR, supply chain, etc.) at all levels within the Company
- Digital savviness, fast learning abilities, working under tight deadlines and capacity to undertake several responsibilities at the same time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under minimum supervision
- Native or Advanced Professional Proficiency in English and Spanish is a must.
- Additional languages are a bonus.
Location and Travel
- The position is global and is to be based preferably in Mexico City at headquarters.
- This position requires minimum travel
Please visit the Orbia careers website.