We believe that climate change is a serious environmental, social and economic threat that calls for immediate and concerted action among all sectors of society. Qualcomm has set an ambitious goal to reach net-zero global emissions for Scopes 1, 2, and 3 by 2040. This position will focus on our climate change and environment portfolio including support of our annual greenhouse gas accounting across Scopes 1, 2 and 3, external reporting, disclosure and verification, as well as implementation of our Company emissions reduction strategy. The ideal candidate should have a strong attention to detail, be able to thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere and have excellent communication, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Support internal tracking, measurement and reporting on global greenhouse gas emissions
- Monitor market developments and corporate benchmarking for trends and environmental best practices to inform Qualcomm’s corporate responsibility strategy
- Support global water use management and related initiatives
- Communicate externally on environment-related disclosures and initiatives by authoring blog posts, supporting Company non-financial reporting, and responding to ESG ratings and rankings
- Preparing presentations and status updates for management related to environmental initiatives
- Support monitoring and reporting of science-based targets
- Collaborate across functions with multiple stakeholders to consolidate and enhance activities, policies, and procedures in support of existing and new emissions targets and metrics
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in related field
- Knowledge of The GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard, The Climate Registry and Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Previous work with corporate responsibility or sustainability and external auditors
- Experience with environmental reporting to different external organizations such as CDP, Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures, etc.
- Understanding of environmental regulatory landscape
- Ability to draft external reporting for a variety of stakeholders
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
- Bachelors - Business, Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Government Affairs, Bachelors - Political Science, Bachelors - Public Affairs, Bachelors - Public Policy
- 2+ years Government Affairs, Communications, Industry Associations, or related work experience.
- Business fluent in English. ,1+ years working with operating budgets and/or project financials