The Corporate Climate and Environmental Program manager will work with the others in Sustainability and Social Innovation and across the company to deliver on the company’s climate and other environmental goals and reporting. The program manager will be charged with managing carbon and water footprint accounting across HP’s value chain, associated goals and metrics, and reporting of HP’s efforts and performance in company disclosures. The role involves the ability to develop partnerships and collaboration within functions across the business to implement joint action plans to improve corporate performance and reporting in environmental sustainability and corporate climate action.
Specifically, the program manager’s responsibilities include:
- Compiling and publishing HP’s corporate environmental footprints (carbon, water) and managing related reporting and third-party assessments, ratings and rankings (e.g. CDP, Project Gigaton)
- Developing and maintaining tools, databases, and other tracking mechanisms to support corporate climate and environmental program implementation, assessment and reporting.
- Managing the annual assurance process of GHG emissions and other environmental data with KPI owners, report team, internal audit and independent auditor.
- Managing the development, roll out, tracking and reporting of HP’s corporate GHG reduction goals and other corporate environmental metrics and targets (e.g. renewable electricity), working closely with internal domain experts, contributors, program leads, and decision makers in HP’s business units and global functions as well as with external partners and NGOs.
- Collaborating across the company to identify and implement GHG reduction initiatives and other innovations to support HP’s goals and strategies.
- Contributing to development of corporate climate strategy and the design and implementation of related strategic projects in partnership with the Sustainability and Social Impact office and across the company.
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in corporate social responsibility, environmental science or management, business, or related field
- 5 years or more of relevant experience in corporate sustainability goal setting and reporting with an emphasis on carbon accounting and GHG/energy goals and metrics, including science-based targets
- Working knowledge of GHG Protocol and carbon accounting and reporting practices for Scope 1, 2 and 3
- Demonstrated experience preparing and publishing corporate carbon footprints
- Demonstrated program/project management experience involving diverse and geographically disperse team members
- Demonstrated experience influencing leaders and driving change, as well as ability to work with all levels of management
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong command of English language with effective verbal, written and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to communicate complicated and technical ideas
- A high level of professionalism/integrity
- Excellent analytic skills and demonstrated ability to build models using diverse data sources to track, forecast and report on emissions and other environmental data and KPIs
- A deep understanding of and interest in climate change and climate risk and how companies manage climate issues
- A self-starter comfortable with ambiguity and able to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills; exceptional critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams as well as independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, and SharePoint
- Willingness to travel as needed
- 3 years or more of experience working with existing and evolving climate-related reporting frameworks (e.g., TCFD, CDP)
- Working knowledge of corporate climate practices including carbon offsets, carbon pricing and carbon neutrality
- Experience with other environmental footprinting methodologies (e.g. water, waste)
- Information technology industry work experience, preferably on IT hardware side
- MBA or Master’s degree in a related field
- Mix of experience working in or with the private, public and non-profit sectors.
- Demonstrated communications and/or external report development experience
Please visit the HP careers website.