Johnson & Jonson is recruiting for a Consultant, Sustainability & ESG Reporting with the possibility to work remotely.
This is a unique opportunity to support our Worldwide Office of Corporate Governance. As Johnson & Johnson continues enhancing our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting to meet the needs of our various stakeholders, you will contribute to driving improvements in ESG disclosure and transparency by managing the data collection and audit workstream for our annual sustainability report publication. You will work cross-functionally and cross-regionally to ensure accuracy and completeness of non-financial data across our worldwide operations for external reporting.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for more than 130 years. We embrace research and science—bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.2 billion in 2019 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly- based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 137,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
- Lead data collection and audit workstream of Johnson & Johnson’s sustainability reporting process (the Heath for Humanity Report) in partnership with a cross-functional team of subject matter experts, data providers and internal and external auditors.
- Administer the online platform used for data collection and audit, prepare instructions and guidance materials for data providers on how to use the system and submit high-quality auditable data. Serve as a point of contact for the external vendor providing the platform service.
- Maintain documentation of processes and procedures around data collection, verification and audit.
- Develop and conduct the annual data provider training in partnership with the third-party vendor.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to data providers by supporting them during data submission, audits and audit remediation activities.
- Provide counsel to data providers and functional leaders on continuously optimizing data tracking and collection efforts and strengthening the control environment at the metric level to enhance data integrity.
- Proactively identify and recommend process and technology solutions to continuously optimize the data collection, verification and audit processes.
- Understand and apply ESG reporting frameworks prioritized by the Corporate Governance team (i.e. GRI, SASB, UN Global Compact).
- Support efforts to respond to key ESG surveys, ratings and rankings prioritized by the Company specifically as it relates to ESG performance data.
- Follow ESG reporting trends and developments in ESG data disclosure landscape, benchmark best practices and provide recommendations on to continue improving ESG data disclosures.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g. Sustainability Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Data Analytics).
Experience and Skills:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in sustainability/ESG data management, audit or reporting in a corporate setting, sustainability consulting or sustainability NGOs.
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in providing data analytics and data quality verification and management.
- Experience with data analytics and reporting software.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Understanding of the global sustainability landscape, including different stakeholders and their interests, reporting and transparency trends and evolving legislation.
- Familiarity with sustainability reporting frameworks and standards including GRI, Integrated Reporting, SASB, TCFD, and UN Global Compact among others.
- Must be comfortable to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Experience working in multi-functional global teams with the ability to foster collaborative relationships, influence and build trust in a highly matrixed organizational setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to: WW-Corporate-Governance@its.jnj.com.