Founded in Marseille in 1966 by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 64 countries, Sodexo serves 100 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal & Home Services. Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed over more than 50 years of experience: from foodservices, reception, maintenance and cleaning, to facilities and equipment management; from services and programs fostering employees’ engagement to solutions that simplify and optimize their mobility and expenses management, to in-home assistance, child care centers and concierge services. Sodexo’s success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its 420,000 employees throughout the world. Sodexo promotes the fulfilment of our employees and contributes to the economic, social and environmental development of the local communities with which we work.
The Carbon Impacts Manager will be a member of a central and multi-cultural team working on Sodexo’ Sustainability Roadmap. In this role, you will responsible for several key elements of Sodexo’s carbon emissions reduction strategy, as follows:
- Develop Sodexo’s Carbon Strategy/Policy and engagement focusing on the deployment of several key initiatives and projects that capitalize on our corporate responsibility position around climate.
- Ensure Sodexo is taking a lead position within its industry and leveraging this lead with clients through the growth of additional services.
- Manage the development and implementation of a global system/tool to track and monitor carbon performance at Group, Entity and site level and provide regular reporting on accomplishments to reduce Sodexo’s carbon footprint and progress towards Sodexo’s objectives. • Oversee the development and deployment of a portfolio of climate initiatives that have a positive effect on communities and that can reinforce Sodexo’s position as a Corporate Responsibility leader and drive business growth and client retention.
- Promote internal and external climate awareness and develop collaborative stakeholder engagements and partnerships to address the climate emergency.
- In conjunction with internal teams across the business and external partners such as WWF, build a global strategy and deploy initiatives to achieve Sodexo’s Science-Based Target (SBT) and ensure Sodexo is taking a lead position within its industry and leveraging this lead with clients through the growth of additional services.
- Coordinate with the CSR Performance and Metrics team to oversee the annual carbon reporting process, and the analysis and consolidation at Group/Entity level to ensure interpretation and appropriate actions are implemented.
- Report to external rating agencies requesting climate change related information including CDP and DJSI.
- Work with internal teams and stakeholders to implement a system to track and monitor climate performance at site level and provide regular reporting on accomplishments and impact.
- Support regions/entities in building their carbon reduction action plan.
- Elaborate key messages and communication plans with communication teams to raise both internal and external awareness on the climate emergency and Sodexo’s positive impacts.
- Serve as an effective climate change ambassador for each of the regional/entity representatives, cultivate and manage external collaborations with NGOs and expert consultancies around this topic; manage interactions with clients when needed.
- Ensure that climate emergency awareness is pushed within the organization and that there is a widespread sense that corporate responsibility solutions are fundamentally important to support the business strategy and climate action by creating a carbon training module.
- Develop and run a transversal task force of “carbon masters” with relevant internal and external stakeholders responsible to formalize, share and implement best practices.
- Create and coordinate innovating CR projects around carbon offsetting and improved internal processes to reduce Sodexo’s environmental footprint.
- 5-10 years of relevant professional experience, with success in the areas of environmental reporting, business strategy, innovation, partnerships and communications.
- Relevant Master’s degree in climate change/environmental management, or related degree with relevant previous experience would be a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of GHG emissions scopes and solid understanding of GHG accounting and reporting principles, including the GHG Protocol.
- Effective project management and problem-solving ability to think something through and discuss possible solutions rather than just focusing on the problem.
- Analytical and strategic visionary thinking.
- Strong ability to analyse complex quantitative and qualitative data.
- Critical thinking (and innovation) - mission-driven and committed to positive change, but pragmatic. The ability to challenge current structures and propose alternative low-carbon options.
- Creativity (and adaptability) being able to tell and sell sustainability stories, both internally and externally.
- Negotiation (and influencing) - be adept at navigating a large corporate structure and an effective and persuasive communicator.
- Emotional intelligence - interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Proactive, reliable when working independently and generally enthusiastic.
Please email Anne-Laurence.VANPOPERINGHE@sodexo.com.