Sustainable Development is a strategic imperative for the Swire Group. Our central Sustainable Development Office (SDO) leads the development and implementation of our group-wide sustainability strategy, policies, and programmes that help the group realise its best-in-class ambitions for sustainability in the sectors in which we operate.
The Assistant Manager reports to the Group Sustainable Business Manager. Together they are responsible for the development and administration of Group-level communications on sustainability, the group’s work on carbon reduction and sustainable supply chains, providing tailored support to a number of our operating companies’ sustainability teams, and the Swire Pacific Sustainable Development Fund (an internal investment vehicle which supports the development of large-scale sustainability initiatives within the group).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in environmental management, organisational sustainability or related discipline, Master’s degree preferable.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in either an environmental/sustainability consultancy, NGO, government department/agency or in an in-house corporate sustainability role. Preferably that experience will include:
- Relevant sectoral exposure (e.g. Shipping, Aviation, Property, FMCG, Trading and Manufacturing)
- Experience in internal or external communications, and/or corporate training
- Mainland China exposure
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Putonghua
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, ideally with experience in client-facing roles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
The ideal candidate:
- Is a self-starter, motivated and action-oriented
- Is a great team player
- Is a skilled presenter
- Is passionate about sustainable development and responsible business
- Has good organisational and planning skills
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Will demonstrate good industry knowledge and experience, has good SD contacts in the region
For more information, please visit the Swire Pacific Limited careers website.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applications received will be used exclusively for selection purposes and handled confidentially by authorized personnel only. Your application may also be considered for other suitable positions within the Swire group. (Please indicate clearly on your application if you would not like to be considered for other positions within the group.) Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed after an appropriate time.