The Asia Pacific International Labor Standards (ILS) Director, is responsible for managing international labor standards in the APAC region for The Walt Disney Company (TWDC).
Reports to the Glendale, California-based Executive Director, International Labor Standards and coordinates closely with each of business leaders in the Asia Pacific region.
- The Regional Director, ILS is responsible for leading the ILS Program in the Asia Pacific region including:
- Working with business units to embed the Company’s ILS strategies, objectives and requirements into business operations;
- Supporting business units in the execution of the ILS Program, including providing guidance regarding ILS Program requirements to business units, licensees and vendors responsible for manufacturing Disney branded products;
- Providing input and insight to the development of ILS policies and procedures,
- Collaborating with Global Public Policy on supporting local external engagement activities; and
- Providing counsel to country and regional leadership on ILS issues and strategies
- Manage a regionally based international team and the ILS APAC operating budget;
- Provide day-to-day management and oversight for regional International Labor Standards program operations;
- Contribute subject matter expertise as it relates to program development and execution;
- Partner with business units and Legal to negotiate contract provisions relating to ILS;
- Identify and address the labor compliance risks associated with TWDC products;
- Provide subject matter expertise on assessment of emerging industry issues and the interpretation of program policies to new and acquired business in the area of international labor standards;
- Resolve internal and external issues regarding program application and violations; and
- Coordinate with Global Public Policy to execute policy priorities and input into issue assessment in the region.
Auditing and performance requirements for licensees, vendors and facilities:
- Develop and implement tools and initiatives to improve business unit, licensee, vendor and facility performance;
- Oversee ILS Program relationship management operations and monitoring operations management including business unit, licensee and vendor education; Facility and Merchandise Authorization administration; communication and implementation of * Corrective Action Plans; and resolution of performance issues;
- Elevate and resolve performance and compliance issues through formalized escalation process.
Alignment of business practices and operations with ILS objectives:
- Interface regularly with business unit leadership and other internal stakeholder groups, including Legal, Corporate Communications and Contract Management, to ensure alignment of business practices and operations with ILS objectives in the region;
- Work with corporate communications team to ensure consistency of messages and communication across regions;
- Address business unit, licensee and vendor concerns and identify and implement solutions to meet ILS objectives and business needs;
- Deliver and facilitate training to increase awareness, accountability and consistent application of ILS policies and procedures;
External collaboration, engagement and program support:
- In coordination with Global Public Policy, strengthen relevant external stakeholder engagement and external collaboration through identifying and building relationships with regional stakeholders;
- Represents ILS at relevant external meetings, panel discussions and conferences;
- Build and manage local teams to successfully implement ILS Program strategies, objectives and requirements;
- Lead team to ensure successful implementation of the ILS Program across business units and markets which involves relationship management, risk assessment, external stakeholder engagement and collaboration, reporting and communication, education and guidance;
- Work with Human Resources to recognize high performing cast members; and
- Develop and maintain succession plan and budgets for respective region.
- 10+ years of experience in CSR or other compliance-related work preferably with specific experience in ethical sourcing or labor standards at an international level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CSR, ethical sourcing and labor rights issues.
- Experience in licensing, consumer products, global supply chains, manufacturing and distribution and operational matters in an international corporate setting.
- Experience in program and process management.
- Experience managing and leading international teams and managing complex budgets.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience influencing key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Experience in complex, multi-national company
- Experience in contract negotiations.
- 4 year degree in Business, Social Sciences, CSR related field, international relations, or supply chain management.
- Masters degree desired
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.