ascena retail group, inc. is a leading national specialty retailer offering apparel, shoes, and accessories for women under the Premium Fashion segment (Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey), Value Fashion segment (maurices and dressbarn), Plus Fashion segment (Lane Bryant and Catherines), and for tween girls under the Kids Fashion segment (Justice). ascena retail group, inc. operates ecommerce websites and approximately 4,800 stores throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Ready to apply? We currently have an opportunity for a Analyst, Social Compliance to join our team located at our Ascena NYC Corp Office-ascena-New York, NY 10036.
This position will be a key contributor to the Corporate Social Responsibility function and will execute best in class programs which promote positive working conditions globally. This position will develop relationships with Vendors and Factories globally and drive their compliance with ascena’s Code of Conduct. The position will also help to represent ascena and our programs with service providers, monitoring firms and participate in relevant social compliance events, industry associations and brand-collaboration forums.
- Support ANN Brands Sourcing/Merchant teams to onboard new suppliers
- Coordinate and manage the on boarding meeting for all newly approved NY managed ANN suppliers; ensure on boarding process and materials is globally consistent
Supplier / Facility Monitoring & Compliance
- Manage and oversee everyday operations of ascena’s Social Compliance program
- Communicate the Social Compliance program expectations throughout ascena’s global supply chain
- Maintain regular contact with global Production Office/Agent management to address local issues and challenges
- Track and report trends and risks related to social compliance and labor conditions globally
- Review pre-sourcing and existing facility audit results and approve or disqualify facilities based on potential risk to the brand
- Develop post-audit corrective action plans for approved facilities
- Conduct remediation meetings with suppliers and facilities as needed to communicate non-compliance
- Communicate regularly with Vendors’ Compliance Officers to drive compliance improvements
- Work closely with third party service providers to communicate expectations for monitoring and training programs
- Define and communicate the steps to resolve high profile compliance issues.
- Support Corporate Supplier Management function responsible for review, approval and on boarding of global suppliers
- Coordinate and manage the on boarding meeting for all newly approved NY-managed vendors; ensure on boarding process and materials is globally consistent
- Execute training events to communicate ascena’s program expectations to Production Offices, Agents and Vendors
- Develop and conduct training sessions with ascena’s associates addressing Social Compliance polices and requirements
- Develop content and materials for global supplier meetings; incorporate emerging issues and trends
- Partner closely with ascena Responsibility extended CSR team
- Interact with Sourcing teams to communicate supply chain risks and opportunities
- Engagement with service providers, Vendors and Factories to drive improvements
- Develop relationships with key industry contacts to identify opportunities and risks to the brand
Reporting & Analysis
- Proactively review and report global Social Compliance trends and issues specific to ascena’s program and guide senior leadership around risks
- Develop and publish monthly Social Compliance reporting for internal partners
- Manage data collection for Sourcing Scorecards.
- Conduct benchmarking analysis of industry standards and best practices
Internal and External Communication
- Support public reporting initiatives and provide key data and content for use on Company website and public report
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to communicate the expectations of ascena’s Social Compliance and Supplier Management programs
- Effectively respond to inquiries regarding ascena’s Social Compliance and Supplier Management programs
- 4-year University or Higher Educational degree in related field preferred
- 3+ years minimum of work experience in CSR (compliance, retail or manufacturing industry preferred)
- Significant experience with factory operations, monitoring, auditing, and remediation
- Familiarity with key industry programs, standards, etc.
- Strong analytical, prioritization, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- High degree of proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Internet-research and reporting tools308563
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified people at all levels. It is our policy in all personnel actions to ensure that all associates and potential associates are evaluated on the basis of qualifications and ability without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability that can reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, genetic information, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law. We do not discriminate in any of our employment policies and practices. All associates are expected to follow these principles in all relationships with other associates, applicants, or others with whom we do business.
Please visit the ascena careers website.