As we gear up to launch registration for the BSR Conference 2016: Be Bold in just a few short weeks, we are also partnering with, speaking at, hosting, and attending several other sustainability events throughout the world this month.
What We’re Hosting
- May 5: Senior Vice President Eric Olson and Manager Nate Springer will facilitate a workshop, “BSR: Future of Fuels Spring Forum,” at the Advanced Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo in Long Beach, California.
- May 11: BSR will host a “Be Bold” happy hour to gear up to the launch of the BSR Conference 2016 in New York.
- May 12: Transport and Logistics Director Angie Farrag-Thibault will co-lead the Smart Freight Leadership Roundtable, hosted by BSR and the Smart Freight Centre, in Paris.
- May 16: Senior Vice President Peder Michael Pruzan-Jorgensen will moderate the panel discussion “Investing in Women and Girls: The Business Case and Framework for Action” at the Women Deliver 2016 Private Sector Pre-Conference in Copenhagen. HERproject Director Christine Svarer will also moderate the panel discussion “Enabling Access to Products and Services Empowering Women and Girls,” and Communications Associate Indiana Vieljeux and HERproject Manager Elissa Goldenberg will attend.
- May 24-25: President and CEO Aron Cramer will facilitate a gathering, co-organized with the Rockefeller Foundation, on the sharing economy and inclusive economy in San Francisco.
- May 25-27: Farrag-Thibault, Springer, and Associate Aude Ucla will facilitate the Clean Cargo Working Group spring meeting in London.
Where We’ll Be
- May 2-4: Communications Coordinator Katie Morris is attending Sustainatopia in San Francisco.
- May 3: Pruzan-Jorgensen moderated a roundtable discussion on the “Global Goals in Practice” at the Business for Peace Summit in Oslo.
- May 5: Olson will moderate the panel, “Achieving Corporate Sustainability Goals: Zeroing in on Transportation,” at the ACT Expo in Long Beach, California.
- May 5: Consumer Sectors Associate Director Jorgette Mariñez will attend the WBCSD Climate-Smart Agriculture North American stakeholder meeting in Washington, D.C.
- May 6: Olson and Mariñez will participate in roundtable sessions on “Future Directions for Climate-Smart Land Use” at Climate Action 2016 in Washington, D.C.
- May 11: Farrag-Thibault will participate in the Tackling Corruption Together Conference, which will precede the Anti-Corruption Summit hosted by the U.K. Prime Minister in London.
- May 12: Consumer Sectors Director Elisa Niemtzow will moderate the panel, "Making Luxury More Sustainable: Drivers, Challenges, and Solutions,” at the Copenhagen Fashion Summit, of which BSR is a supporting partner. Consumer Sectors Associate Director Armel Yver and Vieljeux will attend.
- May 12: Associate Director Cecile Oger will attend a Better Buying multistakeholder workshop in Geneva.
- May 12: Human Rights Associate Director Peter Nestor will speak on the panel, “Increasing the Communities' Role in HRIAs of Private Sector Investment Projects,” at the International Association for Impact Assessment Conference in Nagoya, Japan.
- May 16-17: Olson will attend Fortune Brainstorm E in Carlsbad, California.
- May 18-22: Managing Director Edward Cameron will speak at the “Technical Expert Meeting on Renewable Energy” at the UNFCCC Climate Negotiations in Bonn, Germany. Associate Director David Wei and Associate Samantha Harris will also attend.
- May 17: Manager Maurice Meehan will facilitate a session on “Maritime Jobs of the Future” at the Green Ship Technology Conference in Copenhagen.
- May 17: HERproject Manager Maria Pontes will participate in a panel discussion on integrating nutrition and health into workplace programs at the Women Deliver Conference in Copenhagen.
- May 18-20: Farrag-Thibault will participate in the International Transport Forum 2016 in Leipzig, Germany.
- May 18-20: Olson, Springer, and Manager Kelly Gallo will attend the Renewable Energy Buyers’ Alliance Summit 2016 to share updates on Future of Internet Power’s latest efforts to maximize renewable energy at data centers and to discuss science-based targets at Microsoft’s campus in Redmond, Washington.
- May 18-20: Oger will facilitate a breakfast discussion on “Gender Equality and Sustainability Reporting” at the GRI Global Conference 2016 in Amsterdam, of which BSR is a supporting partner. Manager Jonathan Morris will also attend.
- May 20: Nestor will speak on “Beyond Compliance: Long-Term Solutions to Eradicating Human Trafficking,” at the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics’ Regional Compliance and Ethics conference in San Francisco.
- May 25: Oger will attend a World Health Assembly side event hosted by Merck KGaA in Geneva.
- May 25: Healthcare Director Dorje Mundle will attend the Novartis Access Stakeholder Dialogue, another World Health Assembly side event, in Geneva.
- May 25-26: Energy and Extractives Director Alison Taylor will attend the IFC Sustainability Exchange in Washington, D.C.
You Might Also Like
Sorry, no related articles have been published, yet.