These are the sustainability events BSR staff will host, attend, and speak at this July.
We are also hard at work developing the BSR Conference 2017 program on “How Business Leads.” Check out our speaker lineup, breakout sessions, and opportunities for networking. Join our email list and follow #BSR17 for Twitter updates.
What We’ll Host
- July 12: Associate Director Chhavi Ghuliani will speak on a panel at the joint BSR and FHI 360 event “Advancing Digital Financial Services for Garment Workers” in Washington, D.C.
- July 19: Managing Director Elisa Niemtzow and Manager Edwina McKechnie will host a members-only Sustainability Matters webinar on the Sustainable Lifestyles Frontier Group’s recent report, “Big Brands, Big Impact: A Marketer’s Guide to Behavior Change.”
- July 26: Inclusive Economy Associate Director Susan Winterberg will host a Sustainability Matters webinar on global automation partnerships.
Where We’ll Be
- July 5-6: Manager Marat Yu and Associate Jessica Wan will speak on HERrespect at the Department for International Development’s What Works to Prevent Violence against Women and Girls Annual Scientific Meeting in Pretoria, South Africa.
- July 11: Associate Director Armel Yver will moderate the panel session “Sustainable Luxury, a Metamorphosis at the Service of Desirability” at the 2017 Salon du Luxe in Paris.
- July 11-12: Director Angie Farrag-Thibault will speak on how the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network has successfully built collective action initiatives within the private sector at the Regional Experts Seminar on Business Integrity in the Western Balkans in Belgrade.
- July 13: Director Alison Taylor will moderate the workshop “Business Leading the Way: The SDGs as a Tool for Sustainability and Growth” in New York.
- July 18: HERproject Director Christine Svarer and Manager Lauren Shields will lead a breakfast roundtable on “Driving Responsible Sourcing in Frontier Markets through Gender Equality” in London. Manager Elissa Goldenberg and Associates Margaux Yost, Lucia Flores, and James Steady will also facilitate the first HERproject Brand Network meeting of 2017.
- July 25: Manager Emma Grande will participate in the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Global Initiative for Sustainability Ratings Advisory Committee meeting in New York. The meeting will focus on advancing a corporate culture of health.