Sustainable Water Group
Dedicated to responsible practices around water use and wastewater discharge in global supply chains, this group shares best practices in developing and managing effective water programs in the apparel industry.
The Sustainable Water Group drives more responsible water use in the apparel supply chain through its Water Quality Guidelines and by demonstrating the business case for water conservation and reuse in supplier facilities.
- Develop or bolster your water program with the wastewater management toolkit.
- Drive more effective implementation by learning from peer experiences.
- Reduce the risk of supply chain disruptions due to poor water practices.
- Demonstrate public commitment to environmental protection.
- Improve the positive environmental and reputational impcats of your brand.
News and Current Projects
One of this year's key objectives is to reduce the total volume of water consumed during the manufacturing processes by developing guidance for conservation and reuse of wastewater. We will also continue to support members in effective implementation and integration of the Sustainable Water Group wastewater quality guidelines. Contact us if you are interested in learning more.
Develop and Revise Water Quality Guidelines
- Understand the applicability of 17 water-quality parameters for laundry facilities.
- Help develop additional parameters for use in textile mills.
- Engage with technical experts to understand common effluents of textile production.
Bolster Individual Water Programs
- Share experiences in managing supplier water programs.
- Provide guidance for evaluating supplier capacity during site visits.
- Highlight potential red flags for compliance failures.
Promote Water Conservation and Reuse
- Identify opportunities for water conservation and reuse in laundries.
- Support optional pilot projects to test new approaches.
- Demonstrate the business case for conservation and reuse through case studies.
- American Eagle
- Bestseller A/S
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- Li & Fung
- Nike, Inc.