Sustainable Luxury Working Group
The Sustainable Luxury Working Group (SLWG) is comprised of companies in the luxury industry that are committed to advancing good social, environmental, and animal-welfare practices in their business operations, including sustainable sourcing practices.
The objectives of the SLWG are to discuss common environmental, social, and governance challenges facing the luxury sector, and to promote transparency, knowledge sharing, and collaboration across common global supply chains.
- To date, the SLWG has developed a set of Animal Sourcing Principles for sourcing of fur, leather, and exotic skins, which can be accessed here.
- Provide research on social and environmental impacts of product sourcing.
- Connect with stakeholders on supply chain system dynamics and potential solution sets to sustainability issues.
- Collaborate with peers through in-person meetings and teleconferences to surface emerging issues and overcome shared challenges.
Sample Member List
- Burberry Ltd.
- Gucci Group
- LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton
- Mulberry Group
- Tiffany & Co.