Sustainable Lifestyles Frontier Group
Sustainable lifestyles is the next frontier for business—inspiring, persuading, and enabling consumers into adopting sustainable and ethical behaviors, from what they buy to how they organize their everyday lives.
Businesses create value by making people’s lifestyles better. The argument for businesses to help customers make these lifestyles more sustainable is not a moral argument, nor is it solely based on the dwindling planetary resources—it’s about core business. Companies are innovating, establishing new partnerships, and evolving their business models to excite their existing customers and to inspire new ones. There is business value in sustainable lifestyles, and the opportunities are only increasing.
Launched in April 2013 in partnership with Futerra Sustainability Communications, the Sustainable Lifestyles Frontier Working Group is taking the lead on accelerating this movement, learning from participating businesses on how to enable sustainable lifestyles across industries and around the globe.
This group will:
- Uncover the short-term opportunities
- Frame the business case in traditional business terms
- Clarify industry roles and develop cross-industry possibilities
- Grasp and communicate regional differences
- Create a platform for internal and external engagement
- Carlsberg Breweries A/S
- Cathay Pacific
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Johnson & Johnson
- Mondelez International
- Mars, Inc.
- Walt Disney Company
For more information, contact Tara Norton.
The business case for sustainable lifestyles
Our survey of more than 50 leading businesses has shown that the sustainable lifestyles frontier has great opportunity for business to drive market share, growth, and innovation by helping people live more sustainable lives.
Our Thoughts on Sustainable Lifestyles
- Blog: Sustainability Storytelling: Creating a Narrative that Matters
- Blog: The Future of Sustainable Business: Finding Your Power in Networks
- Blog: Sustainable Lifestyles: Four Lessons from Hong Kong
- Blog: Sustainable Lifestyles: A New Frontier for Business?
- Blog: Are Consumers and Businesses Ready for a Dematerialized World?
- The Great Lifestyle Frontier
- The Three P’s of Behavior Marketing or How Brands Will Save the World
- Nudging the Nudgers: Brands, Persuasion and Sustainable Lifestyles
- What Is the Value of Sustainability?