Supplier Carbon Performance
Many companies have started to manage carbon in their supply chains, typically as part of a broader value chain (Scope 3) climate strategy. However, most are finding that going beyond asking suppliers for information to leading them to actually reduce emissions is challenging.
Through our Supplier Carbon Performance (SCP) initiative, BSR brings companies and suppliers in China together to drive real, visible emissions reductions by identifying energy-saving opportunities on the ground, coaching suppliers to develop energy management programs, resolving barriers that stand in the way of taking further action, and driving senior support within suppliers.
BSR has worked with leading multinational manufacturers, retailers, and consumer products companies to coach over 3000+ suppliers on energy management in China since 2005, applying a “beyond monitoring” approach that moves beyond supplier disclosure to making real advances in carbon performance.
Learn more on the business case for supplier carbon performance:
What We Offer
- Supplier Trainings and Action Plans
Organize group trainings for suppliers on energy management techniques and how to develop standard action plans.
- Access to Local Technical Support
Connect suppliers with energy-service companies and other local experts to identify investment opportunities and deploy new technology.
- Data Collection and Analysis
Collect, tabulate, and analyze data related to suppliers’ policies, plans, and projects for energy management and compare performance against peers.
- Peer-to-Peer Company Support
Facilitate company dialogue on lessons learned, best practices, trends, and emerging standards.
- AB Electrolux
- Gap Inc.
- H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- Li & Fung
- Nike, Inc.
- Nordstrom, Inc.
- Starbucks Coffee Company
- The Timberland Company
- Supply Chain Carbon Management: From Disclosure to Better Performance
- Unlocking Energy Efficiency in China: A Guide to Partnering with Suppliers
- Value Chain is Top Climate Priority and Challenge: BSR/GlobeScan Poll
- Climate 2.0: What Is Expected of Business Now?
- Sustainability Matters: Unlocking Energy Efficiency in China ★
- China Energy Management
- “Five Lessons From Walmart's Supply Chain Work in China”
- “A Green Supply Chain Starts in China”