Center for Sustainable Procurement
Although more sustainability data has become available in recent years, companies don't always know how to apply this information to the products they purchase. Procurement managers require methods and guidance that will help them integrate product sustainability data into everyday purchasing decisions.
A three-year initiative, the Center for Sustainable Procurement (CSP) aims to help procurement professionals make informed purchasing decisions based on the best available sustainability data and information. To do this, we will conduct research and work with companies to develop resources, guidance, and processes to integrate sustainability data into the procurement process at the product category level.
The Center for Sustainable Procurement will publish research and work with companies to develop:
- Internal education for company sourcing teams and other key influencers
- Integration of sustainability factors into existing resources, such as internal purchasing platforms
- Category-specific case studies and pilots that build on existing company purchasing models
- Webinars and publications to be shared with the wider BSR network
- Report: Year 1 Findings and Insights
- Article: Sustainable Procurement in Practice: AT&T, Best Buy, and Dell
- Blog: BSR blog on the CSP by William Kornegay, Senior Vice President, Hilton Supply Management, Hilton Worldwide.
- Article: What Total Cost of Ownership Offers Sustainable Procurement
- Article: Going from ‘What’ to ‘How’ in Sustainable Procurement
- Press release: BSR, Hilton Worldwide Launch Center to Help Business Make Sustainable Purchasing Decisions
In the News
- Greenbiz.com: How Hilton and BSR are teaming up to improve procurement
“Hotels purchase a range of products to support a great guest experience, and our work is focused on getting past product scoring and marketing labels to help our buyers quantify sustainability as part of overall product quality and cost.”
—Bill Kornegay, Senior Vice President, Hilton Supply Management, Hilton Worldwide
“The Center for Sustainable Procurement gets to the heart of what we do at BSR: We work with companies to catalyze sustainability solutions that make a difference across multiple industries globally—and we're doing this with very practical, easy-to-use resources.”
—Eric Olson, Senior Vice President, Advisory Services, BSR
For more information, contact Jesse Nishinaga.