Better Work Buyers’ Forum
The Better Work Buyers' Forum is an opportunity for international buyers to collaborate with key stakeholders to improve labor standards and competitiveness in global supply chains.
The Buyers' Forum is a part of Better Work—a unique partnership between the International Labour Organization and the International Finance Corporation dedicated to reducing poverty and providing a fair framework for globalization in developing countries.
Participating in the Better Work Buyers' Forum reduces audit burden and demonstrates a commitment to better working conditions and building more sustainable supply chains.
What You Get
BSR facilitates Better Work Buyers' Forums both at the international and in-country level. These provide buyers with an opportunity to provide feedback into Better Work expansion plans and tools, and to engage in constructive dialogue with relevant stakeholders including national governments, unions, and manufacturer associations.
There are active in-country forums in Cambodia, Haiti, Jordan, Nicaragua, and Vietnam, with explorations in Indonesia, Morocco, and Lesotho.
Better Work includes a comprehensive process for assessment, remediation, and in-factory training tools that provide buyers with an opportunity to interact and offer input.
- Improve performance through onsite coaching by Better Work enterprise advisors.
- Leverage global remediation and training tools developed by the Better Work program.
- Improve performance through onsite coaching by Better Work enterprise advisors
- Engage in stakeholder dialogue in a collaborative, outcome-oriented setting with workers’ organizations, governments, and employers at the country level.
- Increase credibility by working directly with the ILO and IFC.
- Reduce duplicative monitoring by relying on a single set of enterprise assessment data collected by Better Work.
Illustrative List of Participating Buyers
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- adidas Group
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
- Gap Inc.
- H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB
- JCPenney Corporation, Inc.
- The Jones Group Inc.
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- L.L. Bean, Inc.
- Marks and Spencer, plc
- New Balance
- Nike, Inc.
- Nordstrom, Inc.
- Pentland Group, plc
- Primark Stores, Ltd.
- Sears Holdings Corporation
- Target Corporation
- The Walt Disney Company
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.