Transport & Logistics
Our globalized economy relies on competitive transport and logistics solutions, which are vital for world trade. Building collaboration and innovation within the industry is vital to addressing increased societal and regulatory expectations around sustainability and to contribute positively to a low-carbon economy.
BSR works with companies and stakeholders across the supply chain to address sustainability expectations and integrate ethical, social, and environmental practices into the global logistics value chain.
In addition to strategy and reporting work with companies in the sector, BSR facilitates and provides expertise for several transport supply chain collaborative initiatives. These include three maritime industry platforms: the Clean Cargo Working Group (CCWG), a collaboration of global shippers, carriers, and logistics providers dedicated to improving environmental performance in maritime transport management; the Container Ship Safety Forum (CSSF), an initiative dedicated to improving the safety performance of the container shipping industry [please hyperlink CSSF also]; and the Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN), an initiative developed by the maritime industry to tackle corruption in all forms.
Maersk Line: Developing a ‘Future-Proofed’ Sustainability Strategy
Facing pressure to reduce the company’s environmental and social impacts, Maersk Line leaders viewed this challenge as an opportunity to offer customers a value proposition on sustainability that could not be matched by competitors. Company leaders asked BSR to help develop a “future-proofed” sustainability strategy.
- Environmental performance measurement
- Human rights and labor issues
- Stakeholder engagement
- Supply chain collaboration
- Sustainability reporting and communications
- Sustainability strategy integration
- BSR Transport & Logistics Expertise Overview
- Climate Change Report: Implications for Transport—Key Findings from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Maritime Anti-Corruption Network
- Container Ship Safety Forum
- Future of Fuels Collaborative Initiatives
- Clean Cargo Working Group
- Sustainability Trends in the Container Shipping Industry
- Report: Extending Supply Chain Sustainability Metrics to Terminal Operations
- Green Freight Asia
Sample Member Companies
- A.P. Møller - Mærsk Group
- Aramex International
- CSX Corporation
- Disney Cruise Line
- MTR Corporation Ltd.
- OIA Global
- Port Metro Vancouver
- Ryder System, Inc.
- United Parcel Service (UPS)