Rapid global urbanization and development require new infrastructure of all kinds: transportation, buildings, energy, and water. Manufacturing companies are key to designing and developing these systems. Achieving sustainability in this context will require identifying and responding to the challenges faced by customers, communities, and key stakeholders.
BSR helps global manufacturers engage with customers and stakeholders on locally relevant issues so that growth strategies are more durable in a rapidly changing and complex landscape of social and environmental issues.
Our insights and experience provide guidance to global manufacturers on entering new markets, building critical relationships, and developing products and services that address societal needs.
BSR also leverages its broad corporate membership base to help manufacturers understand a wide range of business-to-business markets to improve performance and deliver innovative and credible sustainability solutions.
- BSR Manufacturing Expertise Overview
- Sustainability Leadership in Manufacturing
- CSR and Quality: A Powerful and Untapped Connection
- Sustainability Matters Webinar: Applying Quality Tools to CSR Challenges
Hitachi: A Global Strategy for Social Innovation
Hitachi asked BSR to help create a strategy for social innovation that would strengthen commercial performance and contribute to solutions to significant global challenges linked to sustainability.
GE’s Citizenship Report Sets the Bar High
GE decided to create a reporting strategy that would communicate a global, companywide approach while also encompassing its diverse business lines: GE Money, Commercial Finance, NBC Universal, Infrastructure, Industrial, and Healthcare.
- Business-to-business customer discovery
- Climate change, energy, and environmental stewardship
- Human rights assessment and response
- Market sustainability assessment and regional insight
- Reporting and transparency
- Stakeholder engagement
- Sustainable supply chain management
- Sustainability strategy and roadmap
Sample Members and Clients
- Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG)
- The Boeing Company
- Eaton Corporation
- Embraer S.A.
- Ford Motor Company
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Komatsu, Ltd.
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- United Technologies Corporation (UTC)
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.