Food, Beverage & Agriculture
The production, distribution, and sale of food and beverage products affects global sustainability issues, ranging from access to water and workers’ rights to hunger, poverty, and health and wellness.
Companies need to understand these impacts in order to devise effective strategies to promote sustainable farm-to-fork food chains and to meet the demands of customers, investors, NGOs, and government regulators.
We work with a broad range of companies that span the food, beverage and agriculture value chain —including growers, input providers, manufacturers, retailers, and restaurants – to integrate corporate responsibility into core business strategies. BSR has applied its approach to materiality and integration, stakeholder relations, and supply chain management throughout the industry to produce tangible results.
Starbucks Coffee Company
Discover how we connected Starbucks with stakeholders so they could have a better understanding of the environmental and social impacts of select products.
Nestlé Waters North America: Strengthening Dialogue with Communities
See how we developed a siting and community-commitment framework to proactively manage site impacts, incorporate increased local input into the company’s water-siting process, and increase the transparency of the company’s siting efforts.
AgroAmérica: Improving Productivity Through Better Communication
Learn how we helped this Guatemalan commodity crop company reduce work stoppages by 20 percent through a program designed to build trust and dialogue among workers, the union, and management.
- Strategy development and integration
- Materiality analysis
- Value-chain management
- Reporting and communications
- Stakeholder engagement
- Agricultural practices
- Community & worker engagement
- Energy and climate
- Water management
- Food waste and loss
- Sustainable Lifestyles Frontier
- Health & nutrition
- Emerging concerns
- Sustainable Sourcing Guide
- Sustainable Sourcing Guide Feedback Form (Word)
- Food for Thought: A Conversation With BSR's New Food, Beverage & Agriculture Practice Director
- BSR articles and reports on food, beverage and agriculture
- BSR Food and Agriculture Trends Report
Sample Member Companies
- Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Campbell Soup Company
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Chiquita Brands, Inc.
- Coca-Cola Company, The
- Darden Restaurants
- Fomento Económico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V. (FEMSA)
- East Balt Inc.
- Green Mountain Coffee
- Kraft Foods Inc.
- Mars, Inc.
- McCain Foods Limited
- McCormick & Company, Incorporated
- McDonald's Corporation
- Mondelez International
- Monsanto Company
- Nestle Waters North America
- Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc.
- PepsiCo, Inc.
- Starbucks Coffee Company
- Syngenta AG