Financial services companies play an integral role in the global context of corporate responsibility and sustainability. Investors sway and shape company expectations and activities across every sector, so the challenge is twofold: Be a responsible global company and influence the market in ways that promote sustainable, ethical, and responsible growth.
To build resilient companies and create long-term value, it is essential that private equity firms integrate active management of ESG risks and opportunities into all phases of their investment cycles. Doing this will result in positive environmental and social benefits as well as strong financial gains for the firms, their limited partners, and their portfolio companies.
Our Private Equity Work
With our global presence, broad industry experience, and deep expertise in a range of ESG issues, we are uniquely qualified to support private equity firms.
Through research, analysis, and strategy development, we work with:
- Private equity deal teams to integrate ESG risk assessments into pre-investment research and analysis.
- Private equity stewardship teams to develop ESG action plans and management tools for portfolio companies.
- Portfolio company managers to create ESG strategies and understand and manage key sustainability issues such as energy efficiency and responsible sourcing.
Learn how BSR has partnered with Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. (KKR) and its more than 60 private-equity portfolio companies to create business value through a comprehensive approach to responsible sourcing.
Visa USA, Inc.
See how we helped Visa develop a corporate strategy that reaches beyond current philanthropic initiatives and integrates CSR strategy with business objectives.
- Access to finance and financial inclusion
- Climate change adaptation
- ESG criteria in investments
- Human rights
- Privacy and data security
- Project finance
- Reporting, transparency, and stakeholder engagement
- Responsible lending
- Sustainable procurement
- BSR Financial Services Expertise Overview
- Adapting to Climate Change: Risks and Opportunities for Financial Services Companies
- ESG Investment for Companies: Concept Note
- ESG in the Mainstream: The Role for Companies and Investors in Environmental, Social, and Governance Integration
- ESG: Moving to Mainstream Investing?
- Sustainable Investment in the Middle East and North Africa Region Report
- Word from the Street: Water
- Word from the Street: Toxicity and Health
Sample Member Companies
- The Allstate Corporation
- American Express Company
- ANZ Banking Group Limited
- Banco Bradesco
- Bank of America Corporation
- BNP Paribas
- BNY Mellon
- Calvert Group, Ltd.
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- General Electric Company
- Generation Investment Management
- JPMorgan Chase
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- MasterCard Worldwide, Inc.
- Standard & Poor's
- State Street Corporation
- The Sumitomo Trust & Banking Company
- Tsing Capital
- UnionBanCal Corporation
- Visa USA, Inc.
- The Western Union Company