Supply Chain Management
Leading companies understand that sustainable supply chain management reduces operating risks, promotes the integrity of their brands, and unleashes opportunities for cost savings and innovation.
Sustainable supply chains depend on an integrated system of internal, supplier-facing, and collaborative efforts across industries and geographies.
Drawing upon our deep experience across multiple industries and regions in both buying and sourcing environments, we help companies develop internal approaches, engage with suppliers, and build meaningful collaborations to improve labor, environmental, and economic performance in supply chains.
Specifically, we work with companies to:
- Develop and review sustainable procurement strategies and policies
- Identify opportunities to integrate sustainability into procurement and implement changes by working with senior management and buying teams
- Design and execute supplier engagement and training programs
- Lead collaborative initiatives that address key issues in sourcing countries
HERproject: Investing in Women Workers for Health and Business Returns
Learn more about our innovative HERproject initiative to improve the general and reproductive health of female workers in global supply chains.
KKR: Boosting ESG Performance Through a Supply Chain Strategy
Read about our work with KKR on responsible supply chain management and addressing ESG issues in its portfolio.
Walmart: Improving Supplier Energy Efficiency
Find out more on how BSR helped Walmart improve its suppliers' energy efficiency in China.
Research and Insights
- A Guide to Traceability: A Practical Approach to Advance Sustainability in Global Supply Chains
- Supply Chain Sustainability: A Practical Guide for Continuous Improvement , BSR report
- Key Performance Indicators for Responsible Sourcing, BSR report
- The Business Case for Supply Chain Energy Efficiency, BSR video
- It's Time to Change: Supply Chain Accountability, BSR blog
- Reshaping Corporate Approaches to Sustainable Sourcing, BSR Workshop Summary
- Read more of BSR's thought leadership on supply chain management
- Bloomberg L.P.
- BP p.l.c.
- Dell Inc.
- Ford Motor Company
- The Gap Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- Nokia Corporation
- Nordstrom, Inc.
- Ocean Spray
- Panasonic Corporation
- PepsiCo Inc.
- U.S. Department of State
- Walmart Stores, Inc.