Climate & Energy Management
Climate change is causing unpredictable shifts to ecosystems, marketplaces, and stakeholder needs—creating strategic new risks and opportunities for business. Having an effective GHG-reducing energy strategy is a critical step for companies working to alleviate climate change and adapt to it.
BSR helps companies address the different aspects of climate change in an integrated way, while also advancing climate solutions for their whole spectrum of stakeholders. Our climate change expertise spans across all industries—from consumer products to clean tech.
Our unique approach focuses on:
- Providing technical understanding of energy-related GHG impacts and needs for companies and their suppliers
- Delivering on-the-ground support to suppliers and partners in key sourcing locations
- Connecting companies to the BSR network of industry peers, suppliers, and other stakeholders
- Addressing and reporting about climate change as part of an integrated sustainability strategy
We encourage companies to get involved in Supplier Carbon Performance, a collaborative initiative that helps companies to get started on supply chain energy management by reaching out to and training their suppliers.
Learn more on the business case for supply chain energy efficiency:
Walmart: Improving Supplier Efficiency
See how we helped Walmart to develop its 300+ supply chain energy efficiency program, the first and largest of its kind.
Shell Wind: Community Engagement in a New Era of Energy
We helped support Shell's community engagement with wind projects in several locations, including New Mexico and Texas.
- Conduct a GHG inventory and detailed energy profile assessment.
- Design energy management programs that are part of an overall sustainable corporate energy strategy.
- Build skills and tools to help suppliers manage and share information about GHG reduction and energy efficiency improvement.
- Identify risks and opportunities related to climate change and design a comprehensive strategy to address them.
- Manage climate reporting for the Carbon Disclosure Project and annual sustainability reports.
- Connect with grant funders and technical partners to address emerging issues such as climate change adaptation, black carbon, and Scope 3 management.
- Design general sustainability strategies for clean tech and renewable energy firms.
- British Telecom
- Johnson & Johnson