Research | Research
Led by a core team and supported by experts from our global consulting practice, our research focuses on emerging sustainability issues and offers our members and the public practical solutions to the world’s key sustainability challenges.
We conduct independent research on innovative sustainability solutions to help companies stay ahead of emerging trends. Our objectives are to shape and advance the debate, bridge the gap between corporate sustainability theory and practice, and provide high quality information and analysis on key sustainability issues.
- Programs. Our research agenda consists of three main programs: Sustainability Outlook, BSR’s Sustainable Consumption Initiative, and industry-specific trends analysis.
- Seminars. We provide expert analysis on a range of sustainability issues, from ecosystem services to human rights, through in-person and online seminars.
- Workshops. We design and lead intensive, hands-on trainings that present broad trends and practical tools to help corporate practitioners make informed decisions.
- Publications and social media. Our research is distributed across multiple content vehicles, including our weekly email newsletter for members, the BSR blog, our annual conference, and reports.
- Corporate water strategies
- Economic & community development
- Ecosystem services & biodiversity
- Public policy