2008 Session Summaries
BSR Conference 2008: Sustainability: Leadership Required
November 4-7, 2008 | Grand Hyatt | New York, NY
- Anders Dahlvig, President and CEO, IKEA Group
- Jeffrey Immelt, Board Chairman and CEO, General Electric
- John Anderson, President and CEO, Levi Strauss & Co.
- Panel: A New Role for Union Leaders? The Sustainability Agenda at the Forefront
- Panel: Leadership in a Changing World: The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis and the New U.S. President on the Sustainability Agenda
- Shin-Bae Kim, President and CEO, SK Telecom
- Carbon Offsetting: Fact or Fiction?
- Community-Based Environmental Activism in China: Tackling Water Issues with Success
- Is IT So Green?
- Regulating Climate Change
- Water Neutrality: Contradiction in Terms?
- Brazilian Amazon: Breaking Myths
- Global Health Trends: Managing the Impact of Disease on Business
- In My Backyard: How to Help Build Sustainable Communities
- Lions to Lambs: Trade Unions, Environmentalists, and MNCs Collaborate to Tackle Problems
- Whose Business is Alleviating Poverty?
Governance & Accountability
- A Global Approach to Internal CSR Communications
- Do Forms of Ownership Matter?
- Reporting as a Conversation Starter
- Shell Energy Scenarios
In Conversation with...
- CSR's ROI: Does It Matter?
- Greenwashing: Hung Out to Dry
- Long-Term Value Creation vs. Quarterly Earnings
- Practicing CSR in Tough Economic Times
- Role of Mainstream Financial Markets: The Other 92 Percent
Our Changing World
- Commons Sense: A New Sustainable and Digital Culture?
- Growing Demand: A Systemic Look at the Food Crisis
- Innovating CSR Online
- Peak Coverage: The Trajectory and Impact of Media Covering All That's Green
- Planetary Boundaries: Living within Earth's Capacity to Support Us
- Sustainable Business Leadership: What's Required
- The Spirit of CSR