Staff | Racheal Meiers (née Yeager)
Director, HERproject | San Francisco
Racheal leads HERproject, BSR’s global women’s empowerment initiative that creates workplace programs through partnerships with multinational companies, factories, and local NGOs. In this role, Racheal oversees the global HERproject team, a network of partners, and more than 200 global programs promoting women’s health and economic empowerment in factories and farms in Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Myanmar, Pakistan, and Vietnam. Racheal also oversees BSR’s related work on women and sustainability, including research with the International Finance Corporation on programs and policies that support women’s equality and empowerment in special economic zones around the world. Racheal is a part of BSR’s Partnership Development and Research team.
Prior to joining BSR in 2007, Racheal held positions with USAID, the Social Market Foundation, the Balkan Trust for Democracy, and the Institute on Global Conflict and Cooperation at the University of California, San Diego.
Racheal holds an M.Sc. in International Comparative Politics from the London School of Economics, and a B.A. in International Studies from the University of California, San Diego.
- BSR Insight: The Future of Women’s Empowerment in Global Supply Chains
- Blog: Five Steps for Companies to Make Gender Equality Mainstream
- BSR Insight: The Other Women’s Movement: Factory Workers in the Developing World
- Blog: To Make HIV/AIDS Education More Effective, Start with Empowerment
- BSR Insight: BSR Launches HERfinance to Improve Financial Literacy for Women