Staff | Chhavi Ghuliani
Manager, Partnership Development and Research | New York
Chhavi brings critical leadership to BSR, with a particular emphasis on sustainability in emerging markets. He leads BSR’s HERfinance program, a cross-sector initiative that aims to build the financial capability of low-income workers in global supply chains through education and access to appropriate financial services. Chhavi manages the program in India and its expansion to other countries in Asia and Latin America.
Prior to joining BSR, Chhavi worked for a socially responsible investment firm, where he combined financial and environmental, social, and governance analysis to make sustainable investment recommendations. He also spent several years as an operations manager for Oracle’s Asia-Pacific and Americas regions, opening a new operation in India. His other experience includes developing a CSR strategy for a spirits company in Mexico, developing sustainability reports for companies in India and Saudi Arabia, and working as a freelance CSR consultant for the Institute of Public Health. He speaks English, Spanish, and Hindi.
Chhavi holds an M.B.A. from the Wharton School of Business and an M.A. in International Studies from the Lauder Institute of the University of Pennsylvania. He holds a B.A. in English and Computer Science from Rutgers University.
- Blog: India Companies Act 2013: Five Key Points About India’s ‘CSR Mandate’
- BSR Insight: What the GRI’s G4 Guidelines Mean for the Future of Sustainability Reporting
- BSR Insight: HERfinance: Empowering Workers in the Supply Chain
- Blog: HERfinance Leverages the HERproject Model to Increase Financial Inclusion of Workers
- Blog: For Financial Services Companies, Women Represent an Enormous (Missed) Opportunity